What's new

loud knocking noise from engine

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
My son just set of to work in taxi returned home telling me loud knocking noise coming from engine,went out to investigate and could hear the noise it was like a dum dum thuding noise, turned engine off started up again noise gone. Any ideas want could off caused noise im getting a suspension arm fitted in morning so will mention to mechanic.

Dave have you had a look for any fault codes?If not then this would be my 1st thing to do.Also check the oil and look to see if there are any leaks around the injectors.

Who fitted the clutch and how long ago

Was going to say - sounds like possible flywheel. Bear in mind this car is used as a taxi guys and works I beleive every day of the week.. Dave if you're keeping it, worth going for the CG clutch this time.

Clutch or DMF gone would not go in gear when engine running had to turn off engine put in 2nd and drove to garage were repairs carried out.
Honda did clutch&DMF 14 months ago probably done 50k has Fahad said used daily as taxi.
Don't think CG clutch an option from what I've read to much judder don't think my passengers would appreciate that

Dave the have made a new design now to get rid of the clutch shudder

No mate the new 8 paddle is really very good, I was in one last week for a long test drive after tuning and it was on par with OEM in my opinion.

No mate the new 8 paddle is really very good, I was in one last week for a long test drive after tuning and it was on par with OEM in my opinion.
Well back up and running new clutch and dual mass flywheel fitted, was not prepared to go down the road of the paddle clutch.

What next ???? On way back from Leeds after dropping passenger off just coming off M1/A1 onto a64 car starts wobbling like mad black smoke pouring out gets car into lay by, front tyre blow out 1st thoughts were engine had backed in so quite happy tyre had blown.

Not your week, is it... did you have a spare wheel on board? Doesn't sound like something a bottle of latex might fix!

Glad your safe mate it could have been a lot worse.Make sure the blowout haven't damaged the wheel its self.

if you was planning on sticking another 50k+ on it, I would seriously considered solid flywheel. Anyhow glad your back on the road, and as it's a taxi I'm sure your wanted it back on the road asap

Not your week, is it... did you have a spare wheel on board? Doesn't sound like something a bottle of latex might fix!
Yeah had saver wheel never seen a tyre like it took to auto tyres in York told me nail gone in side which caused blow out, they checked all suspension and said wheel was fine

if you was planning on sticking another 50k+ on it, I would seriously considered solid flywheel. Anyhow glad your back on the road, and as it's a taxi I'm sure your wanted it back on the road asap
You could be right, but it's a brave man to be one of the first!

I'm watching this review thread with interest... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cg-motorsport/87311-smf-kevlar.html ...the OP (Relic) decided to go down the SMF / Kevlar clutch route after a lot of consideration and discussions with CG Motorsport. He's very well regarded by the Civic technical community and appears to be a hard person to please - if he doesn't break it then it's probably OK. Maybe not up to remapping, though.

What next ???? On way back from Leeds after dropping passenger off just coming off M1/A1 onto a64 car starts wobbling like mad black smoke pouring out gets car into lay by, front tyre blow out 1st thoughts were engine had backed in so quite happy tyre had blown.
Could their be any connection between new clutch & DMF fitted to the blow out ie extra pressure on wheels etc