What's new

Low power at low revs

Done another 50 odd miles today - no big problems so far, a little glitchy on throttle pick up at low revs occaisonally, but fine considering someone said low down power isnt a strong point on this engine - Im just used to more on the audis. Hondas generally seem to be a peaky type of engine..

Just to answer a few queries.

Yes the new Honda fuel filter was fitted last week. Made no difference at the time.

I was always suspecting the EGR. My initial attampts at cleaning were really around the swirl ***embly and areas/pipes from it. The actual egr wasnt cleaned then apart from a liberal spray into it from the front pipe area.

Ive still got my Frequenct Solenoid which I suspect is ok but loath to put it back on to try as firstly had enough and secondly may throw up another fault.

The EVR pipe did hiss every time and led to the brake servo vacuum and diagphram on top of the turbo.

Think thats it (Im no good at photos)

Todays fix is slightly more basic thankfully, creaking clutch pedal that both my accords have suffered and I see theres a thread here on that too!

No, all in all a bit disappointed with the Honda. Ive had lots and lots but mostly petrols. Will probably be back to the Audis for me soon.

ATB

Gordon mate i just found this as prove WD 40 has many uses ;) :ph34r: :lol:

P110504_142855.jpg

Brett your so right my dogs ears needed a clean so I knew I had some WD40 in the garage and why I ever used the proper stuff the vets used to give me I never know. I feel so stupid for buying the proper safe recommended ear cleaner, when all I needed was a few squirts of WD40 :blush:

:lol: ;)

Please note Mr Mulbs the notorious Golden Leaver (so named as he never retrieves a ball) was not hurt in the making of this fictitious post.

Brett your so right my dogs ears needed a clean so I knew I had some WD40 in the garage and why I ever used the proper stuff the vets used to give me I never know. I feel so stupid for buying the proper safe recommended ear cleaner, when all I needed was a few squirts of WD40 :blush:

:lol: ;)

Please note Mr Mulbs the notorious Golden Leaver (so named as he never retrieves a ball) was not hurt in the making of this fictitious post.
:lol: Andy i was expecting to find an accord on the washing line of the picture so i will have to buy another paper tomorrow :D

Finally I've found an alternative to shampoo - oh thank you Brett :p

and did you know WD40 also cleans your inside body..... ENEMA FTW !!!!!......

in all seriousness tho.. fair play to the op.. i was laughing at first but then i was like dam...this dude really knows what hes doing... shame on me !!!!

guys iv just tried wd 40 this morning as a deodrant under my arms a couple of squirts .Ill let you no if it works lol

Might be a good alternative to Angostura Bitters ;)