What's new

Lowering accord sport

Depends if the shocks are even gone? Youd needy check this.. Sometimes just changing the springs can leave it a wee bit bouncy.. Its more stiff.. So wont be as smooth.. Do you mean when hitting holes or lumps in the road it bouncys a wee bit? Cause with the lowering springs.. It stiffins it up and will cause it to be a bit harsh lol

Hi

The shocks don't seem to be worn, according to
The lad that lowered it, he advised that they weren't leaking- but just seems very bumpy and bouncy especially going over humps- the car looks a lot better but the drive has definitely been sacrificed- Can't have it all i guess, unless the shocks are changed to sport like other member recommended.

Changing them to sport ones will help but it will still be a bit harsher than standard.. Just the way it is when you go for lowering springs lol

when u say bouncy do u mean it handles worse than before in the corners?
also shocks dont have to be leaking to be shot mate, its all about the damping rate, and if ur springs damping rate dont match that of your current shocks then means u end up driving on jelly ;)

Tbh tony i just think he means hes getting more feedback from the road and that when hes hitting bumps etc its a bit more harsher lol which is to be expected lol

if thats the case then its normal but if she handles like a bag of bog poo then means new shocks will be on order ;) lol

Lol... Doesn't handle like a bag of poo, but definitely not as smooth as she used to be but if thats normal as you guys say then so be it- looks over drive anyday of the week ☺️

KyleMartin said:
that looks smashing! what wheels are they? look like itr's?
Yeh, ITR's matey. A right pain to get in 16"s 4 stud. :wacko:

Also seems to have settled a lot in the past few days.. Doesn't seem to be as jelly like

Just a word of warning for small offsets and 17" wheels. I had 17s with a 42 offset (215/45 tyres) and I still got a little arch rub at full lock. Maybe with a 40 profile tyre it would be better. But I think 17 is big enough for the 6th gen, otherwise it starts to look a little like a matchbox car :p