What's new

lowering and handling

marshall23

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
I know another question bout lowering, but although f6had post covers pretty much everything. I've got just a few questions? First i've decided to go with honda a spec setup so does anyone know how much i should be paying for it? only because my local dealer is out in the middle of nowhere land and could charge me the earth.
Secondly If i do lower it with a spec and put some honda 18" storm wheels will i have to do the camber? Last a final question strut brace and where do i get a good one from?? and f6had you mentioned you had geometry computer alignment where did you get that done? can honda dealer do it? Thanks all.

Gary, best place to source the A Spec would be Holdcroft Honda. Speak to Lee in parts and mention us for a good club price.

Regarding geometry, it is most likely that the camber will be knocked out - it might remain within spec, but it will change by lowering..

You need to search for a HUNTER machine near you.

Go to www.alignmycar.co.uk to find out where the nearest one is.

Cheers

Fahad.

hey there..have a read of this thread as well.

Honda dealers won't have the equipment needed to do this sort of alignment, as fahad says a hunter machine is your best bet your nearest station seems to be
Huw Lewis MOT Centre
Unit 501
Glan Yr Afon Industrial Estate
Llanbadarn
ABERYSTWYTH

SY23 3LQ

but we are not endorsing their work..just that that's the closest :lol:

As for a strut brace...please state how much you are willing to spend :)

been to huw lewis ummm not sure they now what to do with the machine, mentioned getting all geometery setup and aligned once suspension wheels etc where all on and the guy just looked completely blank and replied " yeah we've never done a full setup but can't be that hard!!!!!" the confidence was amazing!! lol.

Well really haven't a clue how much a decent strut brace would cost so i guess yeah how much for a decent one??

Gary, a strut brace will only really benefit you after you've lowered her... and even then, only when you're pushing the car to it's limits..

It's really more engine bling than anything else. I'd spend your money on the suspension and wheels first and then look at bodywork..