What's new

Lowering Springs for the EX

My brother just put some h and r springs on his ralliart colt and said it felt slightly wallowy. Maybe they get better over time? Personally I'd go with en back or tein.

The Tein springs look good. They give a lot of detail like spring rates etc. I think they will give a better stance than Eibachs as the the front is 25 mm compared to the rear 20 mm. Plus they're designed to go with original dampers.

The thing with lowering an Accord is that you seem to need to buy an after market camber kit if you want your geometry correct. Luckily Bretts had his done so should be able to point people in the right direction on what and where to get it from as I think the quality varies on different kits.

Racy Jace said:
The Tein springs look good. They give a lot of detail like spring rates etc. I think they will give a better stance than Eibachs as the the front is 25 mm compared to the rear 20 mm. Plus they're designed to go with original dampers.

The thing with lowering an Accord is that you seem to need to buy an after market camber kit if you want your geometry correct. Luckily Bretts had his done so should be able to point people in the right direction on what and where to get it from as I think the quality varies on different kits.
didnt realise that the Teins only drop it by 20mm :( was looking for 30mm really so i may have to stick the eibachs, im not to bothered about the camber as the car isnt dropping low enough to worry about, plus i should be running 18x9 wheels at the rear with quite a low offset so some camber may come into my favour :)

r3dd3v1l said:
didnt realise that the Teins only drop it by 20mm :( was looking for 30mm really so i may have to stick the eibachs, im not to bothered about the camber as the car isnt dropping low enough to worry about, plus i should be running 18x9 wheels at the rear with quite a low offset so some camber may come into my favour :)
Yes I replaced my adjustable arms all 3 each side with ingalls ones.
The lower and higher camber arms were put back to stock and I'm now running the adjustable tow in/out arm with adjustable ball joint.
It's early days but the differance is much better.If you lower your 8th gen you will 100% need adjustable camber arms of some kind or you will ruin the rear inside of your tyres in no time.

r3dd3v1l said:
It's 25 mm at the front and 20 mm at the rear so the car is tilting up slightly in a racing stance. I doubt you'll really notice the 1cm difference round the rear wheel arch compared to the Eibachs. Either way they're both good springs. If I didn't have a 4 month old son I'd be lowering my car too!

brett said:
Yes I replaced my adjustable arms all 3 each side with ingalls ones.
The lower and higher camber arms were put back to stock and I'm now running the adjustable tow in/out arm with adjustable ball joint.
It's early days but the differance is much better.If you lower your 8th gen you will 100% need adjustable camber arms of some kind or you will ruin the rear inside of your tyres in no time.
i cant see how? i ran 2.2- negative camber and .5 degrees of toe on the rear my type r with no extra wear, had this set up for 2 years. the rear tyres are there just to stop the back of the car from scraping on the ground hahaha

Racy Jace said:
It's 25 mm at the front and 20 mm at the rear so the car is tilting up slightly in a racing stance. I doubt you'll really notice the 1cm difference round the rear wheel arch compared to the Eibachs. Either way they're both good springs. If I didn't have a 4 month old son I'd be lowering my car too!
when it comes to arch gap, 1cm is like a mile! hahaha

Trust me the 8th gen has only got to be slightly out of Spec on the rear camber and it will eat your tyres up.
My rear camber was slightly out on stock setup and I was going through rears tyers every 6 months with inside wear

brett said:
Trust me the 8th gen has only got to be slightly out of Spec on the rear camber and it will eat your tyres up.
My rear camber was slightly out on stock setup and I was going through rears tyers every 6 months with inside wear
****** hell, camber kit it is then haha thanks for the heads up!!

r3dd3v1l said:
en back? whats that? has he let them bed in it? new springs need a wearing in period.
I meant einbach. They were new springs and I believe they've styled nicely now. I could do with a test drive again to see how it feels.