What's new

Lumbar support

JLPK

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I've had my 8th gen since january now after having run a 7th gen for 6 years and i just can;t get used to the drivers seat. With the lumbar turned to minimum it seams to have way too much lumbar pressing into my back. Has anybody else noticed this?

Not noticed this I think the 8th gen seats are much more comfy tbh

We recently bought an 8th gen i-dtec auto and I was really worried about seat comfort after eight years of satisfaction with our Prelude 5th gen. I have found the lumbar support ok when turned almost right down. We have already done a trip of more than 2,000 miles and are very happy with the front seats - as I had hoped, I can drive all day and have no back twinges at all. The only thing I miss from the Prelude is that the height adjustment is just straight up or down and doesn't raise the front of the seat squab relative to the back.

We recently bought an 8th gen i-dtec auto and I was really worried about seat comfort after eight years of satisfaction with our Prelude 5th gen. I have found the lumbar support ok when turned almost right down. We have already done a trip of more than 2,000 miles and are very happy with the front seats - as I had hoped, I can drive all day and have no back twinges at all. The only thing I miss from the Prelude is that the height adjustment is just straight up or down and doesn't raise the front of the seat squab relative to the back.

I think its the electric seats you were after as they tilt front and rear plus go up and down along with heating your bum :rolleyes:

I find the lumber support fine. Though my spines not in the best shape since jumping over the top of a bouncy castle wall and fracturing my spine sledging :blush:

I must admit I am finding the lumber support a bit to get used to, my old 7th gen and recent Legacy drivers seat were very comfortable. The loan Civic drivers seat is good as well.

Lumbar support is quite big on the Accord. Try reclining the seat a bit to compensate.