What's new

Malfunction Light - Where to go

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 SE
Afternoon all!

Quick one for you. I've got a Honda 2002 SE Accord and this morning my Malfunction Light came on, the cars done 105K miles and I did an oil change on it last September (2011), so is due for one, though all oil levels are fine!

I've had a quick scan on these forums to see what it could be and will be trying the old fuse pull trick when I get home. In the mean time does anyone know of a reliable but cheap place to go and get it looked at if the fuse trick doesn't work?

I'm in Thatcham (Berks), but work in Theale (Berks) so anywere within a 15 mile radius of each is fine.

Cheers

Llawnroc

Hello

Do you have an Android phone? You can buy a Bluetooth OBDII reader for about £15apprx and download the free Torque App to read the codes. Might be cheaper than taking it to a garage for a one off.

Some Accords don't have the ODBII socket it seems so just check yours does (in the passenger footwell) if you decide to buy your own reader...

IMG_0316r.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on hte ODBII tool.

Will check the footwell when I pull the fuse later! :)

Also to the board admin apologies for the double posting! Please delete the other one!

Hello

Do you have an Android phone? You can buy a Bluetooth OBDII reader for about £15apprx and download the free Torque App to read the codes. Might be cheaper than taking it to a garage for a one off.

Some Accords don't have the ODBII socket it seems so just check yours does (in the passenger footwell) if you decide to buy your own reader...

IMG_0316r.jpg

There should be a blue two pin "service connector" plug where the plug is in that picture above. Straighten out and bung in a paperclip, turn the ignition on so the dash all lights up and then see what flashes.

Count the long and the short flashes and post up what you get.

I'm down in your area for a couple of nights this week, I could run a full Honda health check for a reasonable price. Best drop me a line if interested.

Thanks for all the advice and tips.

Yanked the fuse and it seems have to cleared the problem and infact the car is running so much sweeter!! Very odd.

I have ordered one of the bluetooth diagnostic tools so will see what that shows up and fingers crossed it's nothing more than the old girl getting a little grumpy! :)