What's new

Manifold replacement

zed786

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
Guys,

Rang up Avondale Honda in Coventry this morning, I mentioned that there is a strong smell coming into the cabin and maybe something to do with the exhaust manifold. They asked me if I can bring in the car this morning. They checked it and said there is a hair line crack on the manifold and as there is a 7 year warranty we can replace it for free. They also had the part in stock so thats excellent news for me.

Will pick up the car late afternoon today :)

Fantastic Mo, that's how it should be done! Let that be a lesson to all the other dealers trying to scam customers of £60 just for taking a sniff!

Good result as Fahad said i hope other dealers are looking at this and learn from it.

This is what you want from a Honda dealer. Spot on service and top quality work

That's some good service you got there, sounds like you found a good one!

Picked up my car yesterday and they have replaced the manifold which was a good thing.

Few things they mentioned that needed replacing: rear tyres and front discs.

They also said the antifreeze needs replacing and mentioned something to do with the temperature, they said £50 for that lol.
Read a lot of posts regarding the tyres and I am very confused.

For some odd reason I think they did some sort of a reset on the car as remap seems to have disappeared :(

I am not 100% sure but what do I ask them?
Advice would be appreciated

Mo, its probably the ECU relearning as they will have disconnected your battery. give it a good 100 miles and see if it still feels flat.

Fantastic Mo, that's how it should be done! Let that be a lesson to all the other dealers trying to scam customers of £60 just for taking a sniff!
£60.... try £90, I told them to do one. I really do detest Marshall Honda

Picked up my car yesterday and they have replaced the manifold which was a good thing.Few things they mentioned that needed replacing: rear tyres and front discs.They also said the antifreeze needs replacing and mentioned something to do with the temperature, they said £50 for that lol.Read a lot of posts regarding the tyres and I am very confused.For some odd reason I think they did some sort of a reset on the car as remap seems to have disappeared :( I am not 100% sure but what do I ask them?Advice would be appreciated
Strange, when I took mine to HH for the manifold they replaced the coolant as they drained it when changing the manifold. May have been as they damaged a coolant pipe, but I was under the impression that a coolant pipe has to be removed. Please dont tell me they kept the coolant and poured it back in!

Yes they do need to drain the coolant, good point Nick!

Sorry for going south on the thread but the loss of remap has caught my attention is this common when taken in 2 garage as mine is due manifold change at xmas

There is no reason for them to tinker with the ecu...but it may take a while for the.car to settle in.

Guys if your car is tuned by us and the dealer does a software update for whatever reason and the remap is wiped, we don't charge for restoring it so don't panic. The only issue is that you need to get the car to me, but it's not the end of the world ;)

It's rare for them to touch software for a manifold change though, it's normally just the disconnecting of the battery that just resets all the calibration and it has to just re-learn again but the remap is not wiped.

Just to let you know guys the remap was not effected by the manifold replacement. Fahad was correct it was probably the ECU relearning