What's new

Manual control of power antenna

Vasco Reloaded

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sedan 2.0i Es
Hi again, i need an advice here.
I bought an aftermaket stereo unit with mp3, since most of the time i listen to mp3 it would be nice to have the antenna down(and not always up when stereo is ON, even when it´s not radio).
Is it ok to put a switch on the wiring that comes out of the radio or is there a better way of doing it?
Stereo unit is a Clarion cz301e bt

Thanks

I would imagine one of the wires on the ISO cable control it, perhaps taking that one out and sealing it would do the job. But don't really know much about audio electrics, put some ideas out.

Does your unit have a traffic announcement or similar button. If so try turning it off. My aerial goes down once that is turned off. It only goes up if I listen to the radio or turn on the updates and announcements. I didn't swap any wiring around.

Does your unit have a traffic announcement or similar button. If so try turning it off. My aerial goes down once that is turned off. It only goes up if I listen to the radio or turn on the updates and announcements. I didn't swap any wiring around.

Hi rash65, a friend also told me that, guess my unit doesn´t cut the antena power with TA off...his Sony does though.
I have to find a manual way of doing it, i´ve just been too lazy lately :p

Ok, done. This is where i put the button:

I wired it to the blue wire coming out from the stereo unit. Now antenna only goes up when i listen radio, 10% the time.