What's new

MAP sensor

Tomce

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-CTDi
Hello,guys,about 2 month ago I clean MAP sensor.Today I took sensor out and found all dirt again.Holes was blocked again.So maybe anybody know,why all dirt are again on sensor.It's looks that it's never been done.Any recomendations?

Regards
Tomas

Tomas this might be the reason for the smoke and loss of power.
Can you get a photo up if it mate

I already cleaned sensor.Before was the same.It was black mud.Probably this weekend I try take out valve and metal bit,where sensor is located.And put some pictures.I can't bealive,how is quick sensor comes dirty.

Tomas do you mean the ERG valve that is blocked

Hi Tomas, it's normal for the MAP sensor to get sooty to be honest. If you clean it, make sure you just use carb cleaner but don't touch the sensor element itself.

Also worth cleaning the MAFS - but same again, do not touch and do not refit until completely dry. It really needs to be diagnosed first though.

Hi Tomas, it's normal for the MAP sensor to get sooty to be honest. If you clean it, make sure you just use carb cleaner but don't touch the sensor element itself.

Also worth cleaning the MAFS - but same again, do not touch and do not refit until completely dry. It really needs to be diagnosed first though.

MAFS ?? Mass Air Flow Sensor ? Didn't think that the K Series have a Mass Air Flow Sensor ?

Guys,it's MAP sensor.I started car just now and smoke gone.I tested car then I drive home after job

Good stuff, has the power returned?

Good stuff, has the power returned?
I still don't know about power.Let you know after 5 pm.But I think that it's not normal if map blocking after couple weeks.

It's normal for the MAP sensor to be covered in soot on a diesel car, but it's more likely your MAP sensor is weak so the soot accumulation is causing the weak sensor to become non responsive.

see how you get on..