What's new

Me and my invisible car

buzzbee_1

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 CDTi Tourer
Bonjour everybody.

I have posted on the forum in the past, looking for help. Looking back, I realised I didn’t even do the polite thing and introduce myself, so years after joining I will do so!

My name is Buzz and I drive an invisible car!

I know that seems far-fetched, but it’s true… honestly… or so it would seem!

I currently own my third Accord. It is a 2006 2.2i Ctdi SE.

Why an accord? Well, I had intended to buy a BMW (I know – Shame on me). I am a member of an Ice Hockey forum. We don’t only discuss hockey. On there, I asked for some advice. I had a set amount to spend and asked what would be the best BMW to get second hand. A friend who works in an MoT centre responded and convinced me to get an accord (I have thanked him since!)

He mentioned all the obvious things about reliability etc. He pointed out that if I had a set price, I would get a better spec Accord than BMW for the same money, provided I wasn’t image conscious (The reason most buy a BMW). I wasn’t really bothered about image, so was happy to buy an accord

One other thing I recall him saying is that an Accord would be invisible to the police. It wasn’t a big issue to me, but I remember him saying it and then realised it was true one night, when driving home. I had a drive of approximately 15 miles. It was around midnight. I passed a police car, parked up and he seemed to be having a close look, but nothing more. Shortly after, another policeman pulled out at a roundabout and drove behind me for several miles, before pulling off. Just after that, as I turned right at a roundabout, I passed a police car going the other way. He seemed to take a good look, before heading off in a different direction. As I drove down the next road, I thought, “Have all the street lights gone out? It seems very dark!” Then I realised, it was because I didn’t have my lights on! I had been driving with no lights, at night, passed two police cars and had another behind me for miles and didn’t get pulled over… My car really is invisible! :)

I joined the forum as a source of advice. I am non-mechanically minded, so not the kind to fix problems by taking the car apart. If a problem can be sorted easily, I’ll do it. Failing that, I have a good mechanic for small jobs and will go to a dealer for the bigger jobs. I am happy to pay the extra for main dealer servicing each year and for main dealer repairs when I think it is necessary

I am likely to say goodbye to my accord next year and am thinking of downgrading to a Civic, but that’s in the future

Love the intro LOL, welcome to TypeAccord