What's new

Mid Winter Deep Clean ;)

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
Just as the snow melted I thought it was time for a proper clean... and get rid of all that road salt and grime off the wheels and under the arches etc... so started off... here are the pics in cleaning order, sorry but forgot to take before shots ☹

Car placed on jacks

5ac8489e.jpg

85ccd376.jpg

Wheels removed

68d4d323.jpg

Snow tried to destroy them.... :D

45fbfa34.jpg

Arches looking untidy and dirty

e2e6417f.jpg

e1a94eb7.jpg

5fd14da3.jpg

Out comes the pressure washer & snow foam and added a few ml of my fav car wash...

beffcd9f.jpg

550edce6.jpg

079ff8f5.jpg

Rinsed properly and then snow foamed all over and left for a while...

14a1bb0b.jpg

4b544505.jpg

74ab4dd1.jpg

2837fa61.jpg

c2e62470.jpg

7d6f4555.jpg

couldn't take pics whilst I as sponging lol... rinsed off pics...

ef0667ff.jpg

1367194f.jpg

looking better already :D

b66eca56.jpg

91f62b0b.jpg

a6ffbd00.jpg

wheels washed again with snow foam, polished using AG super resin polish to remove tar spots, then treated with Bilt Hamber wax... waxed inside out 3 times, then MEGS tyre shine was applied...

237f0941.jpg

by the time i was done it was dark so no daylight pics.... :D

88ce7690.jpg

fcd2c8c3.jpg

glass was also polished... can see the reflection :D

16688834.jpg

as per any clean, interior was also done, all the trim dressed, seats treated with MEGS leather balm... & my fav Magic Tree Black Ice lol

930a422c.jpg

663ca58c.jpg

f19e2eef.jpg

b8b86a25.jpg

1308dcc9.jpg

2b93ef45.jpg

hope you enjoyed and got some tips :D

looks like it will be due another in spring lol.... tbh it hasnt been done since new I dont think... so she deserved one after all :D

Very good! Mine looks like scrap yard fodder right now! like you say salt grime bird yak. Cant even read the number plate any more.....oh wait that good haha

Good work man comes up a treat!

That's some serious detailing, and double kudos for doing it in this freezing weather mate!!

No wonder it looked so shiny when I saw you this week :D

yeh it was freezing had the hat on and everything haha...

thanks bro :D my mate was saying how mean your car looked when he saw it... and then he told me mine need lowering big time! :D lol

Thanks Marcus... yeh even mine during the heavy snow the number plates wear covered in grime... kept wiping the plates and lights tho.. didn't want to attract any flashing blue lights lol

Jav that is amazing mate, you really are a true detailer at heart. I might actually do the same when I get a good saturday. I'm always a little cautious about axle stands though.

Did you brush down the inner arches etc?

Yeah it looks mucky and mean :D

I would clean mine becuase i waxed it reasently ill just throw some wash and wax on it. but im going to London this weekend to see family so it will have to wait.

(ps shhh dont listen to CJ hes jealous :D :D jk)

On off is the best way on a forum, its hard/pointless to try to create subtle emotions, difficult to read.

Full strip could be OTT but a reg clean is a must with salt, its like slow acid. (im saying this with a absolute hanging car parked outside lol :D )

You like cleaning your car dude, results are fantastic though. Well done, closest mine gets for a wash right now is shampoo lance and rinse at the jet wash. Its dirty within one short motorway journey.

Jav top work mate and dedicated in this weather for sure :ph34r:

Thanks guys :ph34r: CJ I know what you mean lol me and CJ are cool haha nice animation got it all in one :lol:

I agree tho... it started snowing again a week after lol

Hmm, very nice job. Need to do the same to mine but think know I'll need to paint the suspension and calipers to clear surface rust too.

Jav, looks sick dude.
I'm deffo gonna do something like that once this weather calms down a little.
Was contemplating taking the car to get washed today but I woke up late, so if the weather lets me I'll do a wash tomorrow. Just to get the salt and grime off the car.
Hate a dirty car, unless it's a 4x4, then it needs to be dirty. lol.