What's new

Middle Vents not Blowing - CG8 1.8i Sport

aire91

Members
Reaction score
Car
'02 1.8 Sport
Hi Guys,

The middle vents on my Accord aren't blowing much, have replaced pollen filters and checked for any blockages.

Whenever I direct the blower to blow from dash vents only, the side vents next to the doors blow perfect however the middle vents above the climate control unit do not blow any air?

Has anyone ever come across this?

I hope I don't sound rude but are they definitely open on the slider? Once happened to me only for me to realise the sliders were on close position, was a slow day :blush:

Not rude at all mate haha, but no, there's no sliders for the middle vents on the centre console :/

Forgot about that :blush: possibly the directional controls, the bit that switches where the airflow is to go might be buggered or out of place, am sure ive seen some threads where people accidentally moved it.

What happens if you close both side vents?

The blown volume of air has to go somewhere so just wondering if you can feel it in the middle vents even a little once the sides are closed or is it totally dead?

Directional controls are okay. Andy, if I close side vents then I get nothing from dash vents.

This is really starting to bug me, this happened in my EM2 and it turned out to be an old gel air fresher that some numpty had stuck down the middle vent -_- This idiot had actually took the fascia off and stuck an air fresher in the ducts!