What's new

Miraculous scratches appearing

f2raf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
In recent months miraculously scratches are appearing around my car, it's so annoying as I know they weren't there before, as I personally wash my car and know about existing blemishes on all panels. I have lately been parking on the street, out of view as our new car occupies the drive now. It could be kids, it's soo so annoying,

You can't have anything nice parked on the road anymore.

Watched someone's snotty kid stack their pushbike into my classic mini years ago, denting the wing.

They didn't want to know, or even care.

Fortunately these days I have a long drive, and we have 2 cheap Honda dailies that are already full of scrapes and marks.

Every time I have a really nice car, someone ruins it for me. I've given up on it now TBH.

My bonnet is dented up from people running across it. The roof also has a slight dink in it, probably from the same running across car antics. My plastic spoiler has burn marks where a lit cigarette has been thrown and landed on it. Also a patch of burned paint on the bonnet from another cigarette incident. I think where I used to park it, the resident used to smoke out his 3rd story window and flick his nearly finished cigarettes down to the street, sometimes landing on my car. I've had stickers put on my car, rude words and *****es drawn in the dirt on the tailgate, greasy children hand prints left on bodywork and windows and empty drinks bottles shoved into my exhausts.

These things still get to me, however I've become fairly resigned to them now... :angry: <_< :(

Stevearcade said:
My bonnet is dented up from people running across it. The roof also has a slight dink in it, probably from the same running across car antics. My plastic spoiler has burn marks where a lit cigarette has been thrown and landed on it. Also a patch of burned paint on the bonnet from another cigarette incident. I think where I used to park it, the resident used to smoke out his 3rd story window and flick his nearly finished cigarettes down to the street, sometimes landing on my car. I've had stickers put on my car, rude words and *****es drawn in the dirt on the tailgate, greasy children hand prints left on bodywork and windows and empty drinks bottles shoved into my exhausts.

These things still get to me, however I've become fairly resigned to them now... :angry: <_< :(
Wow that's quite a lot of **** to put up with but your right in the fact that there is something quite liberating about not really caring too much about the inevitable obstacles,obstructions and plain bad luck that occurs in the busy real world.
I have been through and sometimes still hark back to obsessing over paintwork and blemishes and spending too much time over on detailing world and too much money on lotions and potions just for it to be foiled by life's grander plan lol.

Hurtling a large piece of metal down U.K. Roads at anything over 10mph is not a recipe for success never mind the parking issues and mindless others that we have to contend with.
I am currently considering a paint correction for some faded panels but also thinking I might just not give a toss and enjoy the car as it is lol.

Sorry for the long post, didn't intend to rant so long.
To the OP are there any possibilities of cats having a rest or walk around on your nice warm car once parked up? Or large birds perhaps depending on where you live? Crows, magpies, Gulls etc can do some random damage with gnarly feet and pecking their own reflection? Just a thought. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Sorry chaps didn't mean to open up such a sore subject. There is a kid accross the street, I'd hate to suspect though, who plays with his football often, it maybe scuffs from the ball, who knows, but you are right guys there's a massive joy about actually not caring about it. There's worse things happening out there. The car is 12 yrs old, but still I like my car looking mint. Even though now actually there's scratches On every panel, I have thought about a complete paint job but I doubt it's worth spending the money.

And if you ever go near the coast, don't park under a lamppost.

Wondered why there were big spaces free up the road and in the carpark when I started my last job.

^ This is the story of my life. I live a two minute walk from the seafront. Can hear the tide sometimes if it's quiet and I have my windows open. My paint has some evil burn marks from corrosive seagull plop. Especially as I'm right by town. Every weekend people go out on the lash, make all kinds of mess bringing back up their freshly consumed, half chewed kebabs at 2am. The seagulls feast and then 12 hours later unleash the bird equivalent of apocalypse now all over the cars... My roof and bonnet are really tarnished. It's gone deep, through the clear coat.

Honestly, there's no restoring my paintwork with products. Between the scratches, small dents and clear coat corrosion, the only remedy for me is paying more than the value of the car at a body shop for a full dent removal and respray... I just can't justify it, sadly.

Thankfully it's a deep colour so a wash, clay bar and wax do make the car look stunning at a glance, but you don't want to look too closely...

There's a tree I have to park under sometimes - it's safe during the middle of the day, but dawn and dusk is the danger time - a bit like legging it home before dark in the Dracula films.

It could be worse you could live in Rome....
Having a less than perfect car is a very liberating experience IMHO.

_71107492_corriere.jpg

Imagine taking that down the local hand car wash.

And there was I thinking Eastbourne was retirement home, and noisy horrible little irks were not allowed there. I think I will stay were I am. LOL

:lol: Oh don't get me wrong, Eastbourne has a serious old-person problem as well!

edgeoftime said:
THEY ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DENTS, keep falling over.
Yeah, and bumping my car in the Sainsbury's car park!!!

Richard B said:
My Gen 5 wagon has a dented bonnet. At first I ***umed that someone has jumped on the car in the car park of the local bogan food-o-rama, but then my neighbour told me she just buried a dead possum she found lying next to my car. Possums have the occasional fight to the death over the rights to the fruit of the massive weed in my front yard, and this one must have come second that night, from the top of the tree.

Dude, that's crazy. Love hearing stories like this from other countries where environments and wildlife are totally different to here in the UK.

Those possums are heavy, they were introduced into NZ in the 1800's and have since become a major pest killing trees and birdlife. I used to drive over as many as I could at night when they came out on the road, the best vehicle for that was a Toyota Dyna I had with twin rear wheels giving a nice wide track.
Their fur is amazingly soft and warm, the possum and merino mix wool is unbelievably warm and light.

In that wiki link at the end it says "The New Zealand Department of Conservation controls possum numbers in many areas via the aerial dropping of toxic 1080 (sodium monofluoroacetate) laced bait" .....could that be used on seagulls and old people in Eastbourne :lol:

Stevearcade said:
Dude, that's crazy. Love hearing stories like this from other countries where environments and wildlife are totally different to here in the UK.
I have the full array of bushland suburban fauna stories.. In my garden I have seen wallabies, brush turkeys, ringtail possums, brushtail possums, ****atoos, magpies, funnel web spiders, redback spiders, huntsman spiders, diamond pythons, brown snakes, black snakes, blue tongue lizards, garden skinks, leaf tail lizards, stoner posties, teenage hipsters, drug dealing bogans and complaining pensioners. Brown snakes are my least favourite animal to have around.. The only thing you can do to chase them off is to make a lot of clanging and stamping noises when you move about, but other than that you kind of just have to wait for them to move on.

Possums I can't do a thing about. They own this place, and they are so territorial that every few weeks I seem to have another dominant possum to make friends with. Some will run away at the sight of you, others you have to step around and over as they ignore you. I covered the trunk of one of my trees with a good amount of sheet metal to stop them doing crazy mating season circuit running up one tree, over my roof, and down another. The first one to encounter that was running full pelt down the tree. I still remember its tiny cry of surprise as it skated down the un-grippable metal surface. (it only fell about 2 meters - nothing for a creature made of solid sinew). Things got a little more civilised after that.

Stoner posties pmsl
my friend Paul who bought my type s and subsequently gave it back has just moved out to New Zealand. I think he's currently in Auckland.
Love to go and visit, looks like a stunning country

And here's me making a fuss about a couple of scratches, it shows no matter how bad your problems are, there's someone out there whose much worse off. A moment to reflect and be grateful.

Love NZ.

Went to the north island 5 years ago as a good friend married a Kiwi girl.

Took me a while to get into it though.
I'm really laid back, but I just wasn't prepared for how chilled it is out there. Lovely place and lovely people though.