What's new

Mods.. where to start?

mac5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 SE Executive
Hi All,

As I said in my caliper colour thread, I've now decided to keep my Accord, so I'll be looking to spend a bit of time and effort tarting her up, but I'm stuck on where to start... she's had over 18 months of abuse and deserves some of my attention, and I promise to stop cheating on her with my partner's Alfa...

Just looking for some inspiration really, here's how the car looks now, any suggestions gladly considered! I tend to get the most satisfaction out of cosmetic mods, but I've never really seen any done on the 6th gen?

I'll be painting the calipers when her new brakes are fitted, and I plan to refurb the alloys myself, but after that, I'm stumped. Don't want to spend a fortune, for the following reasons:

Mrs Mac5 doesn't give me much pocket money :(

I only paid £400 for it and "it's rubbish" (according to Mrs Mac5) :(
IMG00062-20130417-1907_zpsdca31db0.jpg

IMG00063-20130417-1907_zpsb825b007.jpg

IMG00058-20130417-1905_zps9ddaadb4.jpg

IMG00059-20130417-1906_zps4d7a334b.jpg

Lowered, new wheels, exhaust. Bling B) .

I'd much love to drop it on it's arras, and I'm one step closer now that my avenue has been resurfaced.

Only issue I have is living in the city centre, there are speed cushions all over the place, I'd hate to get stuck.

Will probably still do it :D

I'm thinking about doing something with the lights. Not sure what, I'm currently running amber side lights at the front. The bloke in the autofactors said I was the only non-Volvo driver he'd sold them to :huh:

Mate, I've lowered mine and all I ever catch is my plastic mudguards. I've a couple of times heard the exhaust very slightly rubbing, but it's actually an exhaust mount, not the exhaust pipe and that's only because I've got a fat custom job.

You could paint the light surrounds like they are on the Type R and Sport models.

Colour code the skirts and fit a spoiler.

Best place for inspiration is the Polish and other Europeans club forums. They have some really fantastic modded cars.

I lowered mine 30mm on Apex springs and i work in a Quarry on a mountain, the road to and from my office is mental and the only thing i ever scrape is the front splitter and thats only because i changed it for an even deeper one, and even then 99% of the time that scraping only happens as i'm accessing the main road when leaving for home as its coming down from a steep gradient. ;)

Definitely looking at lowering.

I stumped for a garage to do the new calipers, pads and discs. So when that bill is settled, I'll start looking at lowering, in the mean time I'll do some "cheap" jobs on it to satisfy my need for mods, so I'll be painting said very expensive calipers and start refurbing the wheels..

save some money and do the calipers etc yourself.. day of your life and youll be done mate.. normally only takes me half an hour for front and another half an hour for the rear.. save some money and spend it elsewhere :)

as said.. lower it.. nice wee spoiler and new wheels.. maybe an exhaust, some light tints on rear windows and some wind deflectors?

The way my back is at the moment, I couldn't attempt anything remotely heavy, and the brakes were desperate, so garage job it was.

I have the added issue of a distinct lack of useable garage, so most of my work is either done in the warehouse at work or in the road.

Tints are on the cards, for sure. Tempted to have a go at that myself. I've obtained a rear lip for it, which when i find a suitable front will look epic.

Why not just go for a type r front bumper to go with the rear lip mate? Look on ebay for the tints... you can get them already precut which makes it alot easier mate

I should have typed skirt. I meant skirt. I have a rear skirt.

I've also thought about those lip spoilers on eBay though, I don't like "standard" spoilers, one of the guys at work has an E46 BMW with a lip spoiler, looks much better than the other sort.

I've also been scoping out pre cut tints - these seem much, much cheaper than having the tinting place do them - and I've had almost all my cars tinted at the same place.

I'm thinking limo black. If you're tinting, TINT.