What's new

MOT Tomorrow

Goodluck mate! Hopefully no one has removed any bulbs from the dashboard because they couldn't be bothered to change a failed abs sensor as they did with me! :D lol

Goodluck mate! Hopefully no one has removed any bulbs from the dashboard because they couldn't be bothered to change a failed abs sensor as they did with me! :D lol

My 2003 2.4 Exec went through it's MOT last year with advisories on the exhaust (tiny blowing), rear roll bar drop links and front and rear roll bar bushes (I also have HIDs as standard on the Exec, the auto levelling isn't working, but it wasn't a fail, they just aim/focus them nice and low).

The Type S has fewer electrical gizmos to go wrong mate, so other than general wear and tear consumables, I wouldn't worry too much. After all, it's a Honda ;) .

Good luck mate;)

Passed!

Only a small leak from the exhaust as an advisory.

I love this car!

Passed!

Only a small leak from the exhaust as an advisory.

I love this car!

Thats strange mine had that advisory too, My range rover has a drilled hole in the cenrer box to let water out, I wonder if the Accord is the same and it just gets picked up as an advisory.

Interesting, it's getting a service on Friday, I'll ask the mechanic.

Interesting, it's getting a service on Friday, I'll ask the mechanic.

Most of us here with 03 2.4s have exhausts that are blowing (unless they've already been fixed). It's just an age thing. Where one pipe becomes two, the two pipes go off to either side of the car and the metal thins around the bends as it's naturally thinner metal there due to the bending process during manufacturing. The exhaust on the 2.4 is only 2 pieces from the cat backwards, so Honda will not confidently patch it up and ask for £700-£800 to replace the exhaust.

I've been quoted £400 for a 2.5" stainless steel cat-back exhaust custom made for me. The tourer and saloon exhausts are different so off the shelf after-market parts aren't an option as tuning companies don't tend to manufacture for tourers. So speak to a custom exhaust place and see what they can do for you if your exhaust is going to become a bigger issue.

Thanks Steve,

I'll have my mechanic check it out and if its a problem, ill do as you suggest.