What's new

Mouse in my Dash?!

mrbless248

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-CTDi Exec
Has anyone tried to tighten the dash on a 04' Accord CTDi?

Reason is, I've noticed that the dash squeeks a bit when I'm driving on a rough road (where i live there's a few of em around) and it's annoying the Buck outta me! I dont care how long it takes or how difficult but as I'm sure you can imaging it's driving me (excuse the pun) crazy.

If anyone can post some pics to help I'd really appreciate it.

never had problems with a noisy dash, can you not isolate the noise and see what part its coming from.
Could be the tweeter, or where the pillar cards meet the dash something simple I suspect.

I think it might be 'chattering' door seals. Try some molykote grease rubbed into the door seals - quite common especially after the winter.

I think i've found where the rattle is coming from. it seems to be around the air vents by the doors on both sides of the car. That and possibly the surround around the instrument dials. But bear in mind im touch and pushing every surface i can while trying to drive so I could be wrong.....bt I'm pretty confident I'm right!

About a year ago I had a similar problem, I was convinced the very annoying noise was coming from the dashboard until one day I asked a passenger to listen carefully whilst I was driving. From the passenger seat the noise seemed to be coming from a different area than I had diagnosed, eventually he tracked it down to a pair of sunglasses in the holder above the interior mirror!

I had completly forgotten about the sunglasses having not worn them for months in this wonderful climate of ours. The noise immediately disappeared!