What's new

Moving on

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Hi guys,

Sorry to say I have sold my Accord and I'm getting a skip........... a Skoda Octavia!

I've enjoyed being on here, thanks for the banter and tips.

I've enjoyed the Accord, I'm sure I'll miss the comfy seats and quiet cruising.

My spare wheel, and mats are for sale in the Sale section if anyone is interested.

Hope to be back one day when Honda start selling Accord's again.

Cheers

Rich

Sorry to hear Rich, how does the skoda drive compared to the Accord?
Was the Accord not good enough in the end or just need a change?

Cheers guys.

The Octavia is very refined, lot of car for the money. Boot on the hatch is bigger than the 8th gen Tourer, filled up to the window line.

Also the road tax is only £30, something Honda haven't capitalised on in the UK market, although from 2017 the Chancellor has got rid of all that nonsense with a flat £140 rate.

Getting it in 2 weeks, so I'll let you know more then.

Rich

I would have thought an Accord would be a bit more up market than an Octavia? I was in my bosses one, I think a 13 reg. It was a 1.4 turbo and it was not much to shout about inside. Granted it is a very reliable car in its own right but not something I would get.

Each to his own, Eric.

Accord was lovely, but with the mileage getting up it was needing more spent on it, and the high road tax and fuel consumption also.

I did consider a HRV, but gave up waiting. Also I'm not sure how good the Mexican build will be.

Good luck Rich and hope you stick around.
Sounds a cracking car mate.
A few mates have these and have had trouble free motoring for 6 years

Thanks Brett.

Much better on here than Honda Karma.

Sorry to see you leaving the Accord, but I hear many good things about the Octavia VRS, I'm sure it will be a good runner. When you get it, post some pictures and review here. It will be interesting to see what you make of it.