What's new

MPG figures for 2.4 petrol

AlanS

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 EX Tourer ADAS
seeing as there's a thread for mpg figures for the diesel, thought i'll start for petrol.

since ownership of the car 2.4 Auto tourer i did 7 emty and fills.

i'm averaging 310 miles out of 53 litres of petrol which equates to 26-27 mpg. this is with mixed driving 1/2 town and 1/2 motorways.

on long runs at 70 mph i get about 35mpg.

I got 34.8 mpg on a spirited run to Guildford today. 70 miles with 50% B roads and 50% motorway. The MPG is an estimate from my Garmin satnav which seems to be pretty much bang on the money with its estimates. It estimated i would use £13.84 worth of fuel at £1.35 a litre. Its costing me just under 30 quid a a day so it is scarily accurate.

Mines a 2.0 seeing a we are doing petrols. Just thought i would throw my car in to the mix. If i was not so lead footed i think i could see early 40's quite easily.

Mine is v similar, 35-6 on a run, 30 general usage, 27 when I push it more.

Never seen the low 20s figures mentioned in the 06 Accord brochure so I mustn't be driving fast enough.

Alan have a look at my thread ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/5524-49mpg-from-24-petrol/

Brett- did see your thread but since mine is a 7th gen so :p
True but its still the same K24 Engine with a few tweaks :p

"I got to Pluto and back on a thimbleful in my weasel...." :rolleyes:

Haha no doubt one of the diesel mods will move this to petrol faults!!!!!

Haha no doubt one of the diesel mods will move this to petrol faults!!!!!

Im staying quiet we dont want another debate.

I get 30-31mpg out of mine as my daily commute is only 16 miles round trip, half on a 60mph limit and half through villages at 30mph. The best ive ever had was 37mpg down to manchester and back on 1 tank, if i ran it dry i would've easy cleared 500 miles B)

I get 22 (nutter spec) 28 (town spec) 36 (motorway spec)

Mines a 2.0i from the 18th century lol not much has changed

Full tank of Sainsbury's Super Unleaded gets me 425 miles driven like a true granddad. Worst tank I've had has been with lot's of enthusiastic driving is 275 :blush: .

So yes, mid twenties per gallon with town and silly driving, low to mid 30s with super dull driving. It's a good car, but I never look forward to filling the tank. My last tank was £74 and I hadn't quite got into the red yet.

:)

Steve is yours an Auto? i cant seem to get above 30mpg unless i'm on really long runs.

No way man! Manual all the way ;) . I doubt you'd get mileage that good from an auto :p .

I shift up gear at about 1200 rpm, use the cruise control all the time, stay a little below the speed limit and the car just drives itself. I do 60% town driving, 40% A-Road (60mph) driving most of the time. So that's 425 miles from a tank with no motorway. It is possible. Some tanks fall short of this, if I dabble in the VTEC. Sometimes you can't resist. But I'll always hit 400 miles on tank these days, now I've gotten used to the car and don't feel the need to rag it's nuts off all the time.

:)

seeing as there's a thread for mpg figures for the diesel, thought i'll start for petrol.

since ownership of the car 2.4 Auto tourer i did 7 emty and fills.

i'm averaging 310 miles out of 53 litres of petrol which equates to 26-27 mpg. this is with mixed driving 1/2 town and 1/2 motorways.

on long runs at 70 mph i get about 35mpg.

Sounds a bit like mine when when I drive mine carefully on a long run minus the roof bars....I no longer use my Accord Tpe S on the work run...costing me too much :( Wife now uses it and I now have a fab little 01 Civic which givs me 45mpg :) Not quite the thrill to drive as the accord granted!

I took it easy on the way back from HH, just sat back and switched the radio on, set the satnav to 'home', put the car in sixth gear, set cruise control at a reasonable motorway speed - not fast but not slow either, had the ventilation system on auto maybe a quarter of the time but manual the rest, and was pleased with the economy

hhreturntripdata.jpg

Nice one Cliff, I had 40.8 on a recent trip to Scotland air con on auto all the way, Motorway plus lake district then motorway again, and the cars an automatic ,i was well happy :D .

well i can do oxford to norfolk and back on 1/4 of a tank its still on full when im at northampton lol and thats 260 miles there and back

Cracking! The best ive ever had was 37mpg down and back to manchester on one tank

I have the 2.4 Auto', and I seem to average 30 t0 35 MPG........using a web based fuel calculator. Why did'nt they fit a trip computer on these cars !! ??

Forgot to mention it's a 2004 model.

trip meter only on 2006 onwards :(

best I have had is 47.1mpg round trip to London and back, total about 542 miles on 11.5 gallons

on a 2.0 petrol manual, no more than 70mph on mway, cruise control

That's good mileage guys i was averaging 36mpg on the way up to HH then CJ drove my car and knocked it down to 21mpg :lol:

some impressive figures here.

my average is only around 26-27mpg. :(