What's new

MPG

Gaz172

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Manual
I've been pretty sad over past couple of weeks I've been keeping my receipts from filling up and jotting down the mileage (Regular petrol)

From the past 7 fill ups my average has worked out at 30.7MPG. Mainly used for going to work (40 mile round trip) consisting of half motorway and half single carriage way.

Lowest being 28.62Mpg and highest 34.65 (although that was 373 miles all on motorway in one trip)

What is everyone else getting?

Oh 2.4 Manual with 95k

That sounds about right Gaz

That's good then :lol: my old ST220 was about 24MPG on a motorway run :blink:

I'm getting it serviced shortly, I'm wondering if that would make a difference or not?

Yeah, sounds pretty standard buddy.

The official combined mpg for the tourer is 29 mpg.
Over the last 4032 miles I've averaged 27.67 mpg with a high of 33.94 mpg and a low of 22.38 mpg in my 2.4 tourer type s.
Mixture of driving, but predominately around town (hence the 22.38!)
I use an app on my phone called FuelLog which makes it very easy to keep track of these things.
So, in summary, sounds about right to me.

That's good then :lol: my old ST220 was about 24MPG on a motorway run :blink:

I'm getting it serviced shortly, I'm wondering if that would make a difference or not?

Should go up slightly, about 5% Depending on how badly it needed a service :)

Not done any MPG calculations for about 4 months, but in my 2.4 Manual (145k miles) - I get an average of about 30.

The last few fillups before giving up tracking were

Number of miles per tank hasn't changed significantly in those months, so it's usually 360-370 per tank.

Drive to work is usually 80% motorway/20% town, but depending how I'm feeling it can go to 100% fun B roads!

What sort of economy do you get out of the petrols on short journeys?

Most of my driving is school run stuff - 3 miles to the next village. I had been looking for a 7th gen diesel (no DPF) but starting to think about a petrol instead.

Although my mileages don't warrant a diesel, my wife has a diesel and I thought that having one of each was going to result in the wrong fuel in one of them before long.

At the moment my volvo v70 gets about 40ish mpg (roughly 600 miles on a 15 gallon tank) - would I get massively worse with a petrol accord tourer?

What sort of economy do you get out of the petrols on short journeys?

Most of my driving is school run stuff - 3 miles to the next village. I had been looking for a 7th gen diesel (no DPF) but starting to think about a petrol instead.

Although my mileages don't warrant a diesel, my wife has a diesel and I thought that having one of each was going to result in the wrong fuel in one of them before long.

At the moment my volvo v70 gets about 40ish mpg (roughly 600 miles on a 15 gallon tank) - would I get massively worse with a petrol accord tourer?

In a word, yes. low to mid 20s. Even if you drive like a granny (you can be in sixth by 30 mph and get high 20s, low 30s even around town) the car won't have warmed up over three miles. But remember you pay a significant premium for a diesel Accord so unless you're doing 12k miles plus a year you won't be saving. Also diesel Accords tend to have more problems, and expensive ones to fix compared to the petrol.

Don't be sad about your MPG mate - you have a lovely 2.4 DOHC i-VTEC engine. I'd rather pay more at the pumps and enjoy driving my car.

I've only ever bought one car based on mpg figures out of 7 I've owned, and it's the only one I've ever had regrets about.

The rest cost a bit more at the pumps, but Im still in love with them :lol:

I used an OBD2 wifi dongle and Dash Commander on the iPhone to monitor economy on my 2.4 Type S tourer, and below are my findings;

* 28mpg round town (average traffic levels, I.e. not London)
* 34-35 mixed (bias towards a and b roads though)
* 35-37mpg motorway (70-80mph, no AC, slowing on hills)
* 42mpg motorway cruising at 60-70 (again, no AC, no hard acceleration, empty car)

Very impressed, but that is all with a very light right foot, shifting early. Having the dash command software is great for identifying and teaching yourself how to maximise economy!

As per the comment above, the K24 does like to be opened up, and my worst mpg over a 100 mile round trip to Silverstone and back (for a gtr experience day) was c. 22mpg lol

Seems my MPG is spot on then :D

Will look into Dash commander, I have torque app but don't really use it

I constantly get 37-38MPG, thats doing 1 mile back road at 40 mph, 60-70mph dual carriage way for 6 miles and 20 miles 60mph the majority with a short 40mph through a village, so 28 mile trip to work with not much on the road at 5:30am, i stick the cruise on at 56mph. Today i saw 41.1MPG thats on the way home. These are all average on a 2007 2.4 with 23k on it. Running on Shell V Power/Nitro. The lowest i have seen is 33MPG on a run, of course giving it a little tickle.
I filled up this morning and it was £72.15 and i had done 426 miles and computer said i had 56 miles left till empty. I think thats really good, i used to own a 1.4 Civic manual and that would take £56ish to fill and i would get 380 to 420 on a full tank. I am quite happy to pay £18 more each fill to be driving a Accord K24. Not as good as my Parents New Civic 1.6i Dtec they 58mpg all day long and from Norwich to Statford saw 72-78mpg average.

filling a civic is quite different to an accord, my light came on after about 380miles, thats a mixture of city and motorway driving.

i put in 55litres @ £74, so still 10 litres left reserve.

the reserve tank is quite large on the accord, i never put in 60 litres+ i dont think.

These are all average on a 2007 2.4 with 23k on it. Running on Shell V Power/Nitro. The lowest i have seen is 33MPG on a run, of course giving it a little tickle.

That's an impressive figure, is that done with the fuel computer or old fashioned figures?

Mines getting serviced this week, so will be interesting to see what difference is.

Also forgot to mention the aircon is always on in mine

During this hot weather looks like aircon has been on over time, as my MPG has been 27.1 / 27.9 over past 2 weeks