What's new

My diesel sounds like a diesel!

Rob, although not in the car (if you use the recirc function on your climate then this stops the fumes from entering), if you have a sniff under the bonnet behind the engine, you will smell if its cracked..

Thanks,

I'll check it tomorrow and let you know, although has just had a service at my mates garage so would of though he may of spotted something?

You'd think so, but not always necessary ;) He might have the flu.

Just a thought though,

Would a cracked manifold not affect economy? I get great economy 500/600 miles on a tank, although I don't thrash it.

Yes it would, but again not absolutely necessary - depends how badly its cracked and your driving style..

Thanks, been meaning to update for a while now (the pic that is lol)

Well I might have been paranoid with my new car, it does make the diesel clatter sometimes but normally it's pretty quiet. It's not petrol quiet (apart from when moving) but it definitely doesn't make the normal diesel clatter. I'm not saying you could put it next to a petrol and not tell the difference or anything, it's just the quietest diesel I've ever been in.

I'd second that; I am very impressed with the quietness of the Accord once warmed up. I used to have a 530d, and I'd say the Honda engine is near-comparable in that respect.

Not, unfortunately, in the torque department, although I still think the 2.2 performs impressively for its capacity, and it betters the 530d's economy by > 10mpg.