What's new

my first mod to the 'dad' car

steve65

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 i-ctdi ex
ok, so here's my first mod to my new 'old mans car' sorry everyone but nice motor that it is you can't take away from the fact that a standard accord (especially a diesel and in this safe colour) is a bit of a 'dads car'

new gearknob. had this in my civic vti-s and it has actually made a positive difference to the gearchange straight away. it makes the 'stick' shorter and in turn give the change a slightly shorter throw, i even feel less detatched from the procedings and i've lost some of the clunkyness that came with the incredibly undesireable standard item.

a job for the future is to get rid of that hideous blue marble effect stuff. not too familiar with other options but i'm ***uming/hoping there is a plain black or silver option that i might be able to get from a breakers.

i'd love to get that a1 honda suspension but lowering might not be my thing these days and the roads/speed humps are too severe in london for it, but i can see an elite re-map and possibly some atr calipers in the future.

honda003.jpg

honda001.jpg

the 'dad' car ;)
honda002.jpg

Pics don't work fella..but nowt wrong with the looks of my 'dads' car :lol:

Thats the 1st of many to come mark my words ;)

Oooooohhh. Brave man. :lol:

My advice your 1st proper mod has got to be a remap from Faddy if its not already done.

Not my cup of tea but i'm sure it fits good

what do you use shabz? tbh the momo isn't really in keeping with the car and i may well change it for a sculptured leather one in the future but is sure is nicer to use than the standard thing.

Nice knob...

Someone had to say it....oh ok I'll get my coat.

what do you use shabz? tbh the momo isn't really in keeping with the car and i may well change it for a sculptured leather one in the future but is sure is nicer to use than the standard thing.
Mines just standard fit mate and that for me is fine at the moment. However my brother Civic Coupe has an aftermarket gear knob and that does feel good, not sure the make. I bet that will get cold in the winter months right?

Mines just standard fit mate and that for me is fine at the moment. However my brother Civic Coupe has an aftermarket gear knob and that does feel good, not sure the make. I bet that will get cold in the winter months right?
Wear some driving gloves Shabzs and it looks the part :lol:

or you could have gone for a facelift accord gear knob ;) its one of the features they upgraded... and as for the time again facelift have carbon fibre trim :)

gearknob is decent.

i know what you mean about 'dads' car, you got to de-chrome the grill that makes the car look much younger, also carbon fibre vinyl wrapping for the interior works a treat and its a lot cheaper than buying complete new interior panels ;)

painted calipers?

gearknob is decent.

i know what you mean about 'dads' car, you got to de-chrome the grill that makes the car look much younger, also carbon fibre vinyl wrapping for the interior works a treat and its a lot cheaper than buying complete new interior panels ;)

i have to admit, i would like the 'type s' grille. don't know about fake carbon wrap though, i'm a bit old for that. it belongs with the painted calipers and the teenagers i'm afraid. no offence meant.

It doesn't have to be a garish colour...

after%20(1).jpg

after%20(3).jpg

Cheers Sal, they need a little refresh, but it beats rusty....
IMAG0403.jpg

I'll tell you what mate, those metal gear knobs on the civic are a killer in the mornings. found this to work well :lol:

innocent.jpg

I'll tell you what mate, those metal gear knobs on the civic are a killer in the mornings. found this to work well :lol:

innocent.jpg

i know. when it was in my civic i would have to change gear with my fingertips on winter mornings :D

Hey man - they have more than one use as well ;) ahem.

The gear knob is debateable buddy(although its your car mate, you have to drive it... B) ) i use to have the a civic mb6, vti-S and that use to have a honda metal gear knob(not round but the more egernomically designed straight one) but agree they are a pain to hold in the winter. Imho i would have gone for maybe a typr r/mugen/skunk pro one instead from funkypower and also changed the gaitor at the same time. if your not happy about the marbel affect then again you can try the vinyl wrapps or the dark silver interior from other accord at breakers. regarding lowering you can lower then 60mm and still be safe in london as i have done and i too live in london. if you check our mr cl7 his car is much lower but both our cars have adjustable coilover setups so we can go so low the car will scrape(not recomended for london) or even stock height if wanted to, but again it depends how much your willing to pay for that kind of setup(700.00-1500.00). in a sence you could go with the eibach lowering springs(250.00) but on standard shocks(as some members) but this will not have the adjustability of ride height or hardness..hope this helps buddy. :)