What's new

My Red TypeS wagon

Drejc112

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2012
Hi guys, as ***le says i have the Red TypeS wagon. Its a facelift model without navigation. My question is about service reminder, it doesn’t seem to have one, on the Petrol version the CU1 facelift it did had the service remainder, if i would press the sel/reset button it would show the service information, now on the typeS i dont have that..

nitrate formula

The car is soo much fun to drive and soo good in terms of comfort and sporty feeling on the road that i cant recommend more ... its a 180bhp and it has 1750kg empty , but it pulls very very nice...
Some day i will go for the stage2 , but its not time yet....

Beautiful car. If you can’t see the service reminder it’s because it has been disabled by the main dealer. Once disabled it can’t be re-enabled I’m afraid.

Yep HDS will allow you to turn it off, but not reverse it.

I just got myself hds and accidentally switched this feature on. Couldn't find where to switch it back off though.
If dealer switched off with hds how did i manage to activate with hds.

Yeah let me know will be interesting. I'm annoyed at myself coz if the service reminder starts to annoy me i might not be able to deactivate it. I only just purchased my hds so maybe it let me switch it on as it's the newest version 3.103.066 but i find it strange why they only let you activate or deactivate only and not both ways.

Let us know how you get on and we can compare hds version numbers to work out what's going on

The only problem i have is the computer, non of my laptop reads the converter from usb to com so i have to move my home pc outside and all the stuff to get hds runing, the weather has to be nice too. But ill try my best. Good thing is i dont have to do that often, car has no problems :))
And i have to check what version im runing, if you have any links for the latest would be great :)

If you go into device manager on your laptop and change the com port setting to COM1 it should work or maybe look for a better driver for the com usb converter. The recent version 3.103.066 is what came with my hds

Ok i can confirm i am able to switch the service reminder on and off with my hds.
Even though it warns me that it can't be reactivated once deactivated. Basically there is 2 sections where you can find service reminder settings.
The first is on the first screen you will come to once all connected up PREDELIVERY INSPECTION then SERVICE REMINDER.
In here here is where you can enable it. If you go back in here after enabling it will tell you it's already enabled.
In order to deactivate it you need to go into HONDA SYSTEMS , BODY ELECTRICAL, GAUGES, ADJUSTMENT, SERVICE REMINDER, SETTING, STOP SERVICE REMINDER. This is when it will warn you that once it's disabled it can never be reactivated. However I've managed to do so back and forth 3 times.
Only thing is in order to reactivate from the PREDELIVERY INSPECTION menu you can't get to this menu again unless you click the change vehicle icon and re-establish a connection with your car.

Again this may only be possible with version 3.103.066 but i reckon it's possible with all versions as mine clearly states it cannot be reactivated after disabling as well as reading on many a thread that it can't be reversed yet I've managed to.

On a side note FAHAD stating you can't reverse it and with him having far more experience with HDS maybe it is due to me having the latest version

That’s really interesting and thanks for sharing. I’ve never really tried this and just accepted the warning that it’s not possible to re enable. Sounds like you might have discovered a useful loophole.

Thats great, i would like to have this enabled just to reminde me it needs a service.
Csak1981 thanks for the tip on COM port settings, i tryed that and diferente drivers, i have two diferent usb to com adapters but non works. Had xp, win7 and win10 and non works. Home pc has integrated com port works great .

That's unfortunate you can't be mobile with the hds have you tried different usb port on your laptops?

Ok i can confirm i am able to switch the service reminder on and off with my hds.
Even though it warns me that it can't be reactivated once deactivated. Basically there is 2 sections where you can find service reminder settings.
The first is on the first screen you will come to once all connected up PREDELIVERY INSPECTION then SERVICE REMINDER.
In here here is where you can enable it. If you go back in here after enabling it will tell you it's already enabled.
In order to deactivate it you need to go into HONDA SYSTEMS , BODY ELECTRICAL, GAUGES, ADJUSTMENT, SERVICE REMINDER, SETTING, STOP SERVICE REMINDER. This is when it will warn you that once it's disabled it can never be reactivated. However I've managed to do so back and forth 3 times.
Only thing is in order to reactivate from the PREDELIVERY INSPECTION menu you can't get to this menu again unless you click the change vehicle icon and re-establish a connection with your car.

Again this may only be possible with version 3.103.066 but i reckon it's possible with all versions as mine clearly states it cannot be reactivated after disabling as well as reading on many a thread that it can't be reversed yet I've managed to.

On a side note FAHAD stating you can't reverse it and with him having far more experience with HDS maybe it is due to me having the latest version
Hey, i have tryed it but no such options where available.

When i try and do predelivery it asks me to put in park mode and depress brake, i have manual car and its in neutral and brake is depressed but hds doesnt go on, it always puts me back to predelivery process and i have to start again , same happens every time, other option is bodyelectrical , gauges , adjustment and than only option is for gauge control module replacement

You don't actually have to perform the predelivery just select predelivery section and service reminder should be in there

When i try and do predelivery it asks me to put in park mode and depress brake, i have manual car and its in neutral and brake is depressed but hds doesnt go on, it always puts me back to predelivery process and i have to start again , same happens every time, other option is bodyelectrical , gauges , adjustment and than only option is for gauge control module replacement

Hey just curious, did it ever work for you?

Maybe since its disabled from factory or not available at all on the Type S cluster at all, that's why?
Idk, its not really a big deal for me, i had it on the CU2 and its a nice addition for knowing when’s the service. Haven’t use the HDS for a year now, nothing wrong with the car and if i want to use it i need to bring my pc from the livingroom to the garage because the laptop doesn’t work with the hds, dont know why. Anyway its good to have the hds just in case:)