What's new

My tyres keep going down

MankyManning

Members
Reaction score
Car
Fiat Punto
All 4 tyres are new within the last 6 months but tbh this happened before I got new tyres too. I know nothing about tyres and wheels, are the valves separate from the tyres? Could they be faulty and need replacing? I find at the moment I have to put air in them every week or two. I can find one of my fronts all the way down to 22psi.

All 4 tyres are new within the last 6 months but tbh this happened before I got new tyres too. I know nothing about tyres and wheels, are the valves separate from the tyres? Could they be faulty and need replacing? I find at the moment I have to put air in them every week or two. I can find one of my fronts all the way down to 22psi.
Go to your nearest tyre fitters, Kwik Fit etc. and get it checked out.
C

Hi Matey,

When I had new tyres last time on my 2004 Tourer the fitter commented on the rim condition being poor, and was concerned he might not get a good seal. In fact he had to do quite a bit of cleaning up to sort the problem.

As above best to go back to the fitter I'm sure they must be able to sort it with a good clean.

In worse case maybe time for a refurb?

Regards

Simon

Proper tyre shops fit new valves and balance as part of the service, and clean the rims as a matter of course, if they find anything not up to scratch they will tell you. Were yours done at a known tyre shop?? if so go back and have them check their work. as a matter of interest which front tyre is it, the nearside?

It was etyres I think, they came round to where I work and fitted them, a mobile service.

It was etyres I think, they came round to where I work and fitted them, a mobile service.
Just reread this post and if the tires leaked before changed then its likely to be your alloys as the guys said.

Go to your nearest tyre fitters, BUT DO NOT GO TO Kwik Fit . and get it checked out.
C

^ Edited for accuracy.

******, what sort of place do I need to take the car to in order to get it sorted?

Just go to a local tyre place. They will be able to pop the tyre off, give it a good clean with a rotary brush on an air drill then they can apply loads of that tyre sealer. That should do the job unless your wheels are very bad. Shouldn't cost much for them to do it. I'd avoid a chain like the plague for this sort of thing.

******, what sort of place do I need to take the car to in order to get it sorted?
If it is your alloys it may be just a case going to a good tire fitter and checking for rust around the seal.Normally they can grind them down to make a good seal.Worst case your wheels might need a complete refurbish im sure the guys on hear will give some good places to do this.

Kwik Fit....
moon2.gif

that backside looks very familiar

sorry about that. cj had had a few glasses of babysham. :D