What's new

Nackered Manifold, what do I need to buy?

pimpinator

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CTDI
Hi guys,

I've just dropped my car off at my local garage for a major service and also to check over my manifold as I could smell fumes. I've had a few messages from the mechanic (mainly swearing at the turbo volts which snapped) but he said it's cracked on the inside and he doesn't think he could re-weld this.

What I need to know is basically, what do I need to buy to get this replaced. I'm on a tight(ish) budget so no official £700 honda manifold as that would break the bank, I know there's kits on ebay but which to buy and are there any others out there other than ebay listings that anyone knows of as I've called a few parts places (jap parts, eurocarparts etc) and neither of these have the manifold listed as an aftermarket part they would stock so I'm getting stuck but need this sorting as I can get my car back from the garage and actually use it again.

Any advice or links to items that will get me up and running fully appreciated :blink:

I've got a cracked manifold from my 2.2 in my garage, your welcome to it if you want to try a repair........the proper job is not cheap

I've not got any experience of this, and this just a thought.

Would it be possible to use that paste or bandage that they use to repair exhaust systems with?
It's not an ideal solution, but it may be an economical one, considering your finances are tight.

Also, is it worth asking Honda UK, as they know these manifolds are a load of ****e.

Hope you can get it sorted.

I don't think a paste or re-band jobbie will last - some people have has success welding the old manifold, however, to be sure it's done right, you're better off replacing.

Not sure where the £700 is coming from, here's a complete genuine Honda kit for £300

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-Accord-Diesel-Exhaust-Manifold-Replacent-Uprated-Kit-2004-2008-2-2-/331163455024?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d1ae14e30

Here's another for a little more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-ACCORD-DIESEL-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-KIT-04-08-/171104049539?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d6989983

Just noticed the OP date - I hope it was sorted! :)

If you can get the car to bradford I could ask the garage who welded mine to look at it. Top guys and highly recommended

I dont see how the crack being on the inside makes any diff . Cracks a crack , it's got to be drilled , gouged or ground through and filled if it's inside or outside .

This has been sorted and was sorted months ago, I got a replacement manifold off eBay for £160, had that fitted, major serice, new brakes all round etc and this is where the £700ish total bill came from I mentioned earlier, no need for further info in this thread anymore cheers