What's new

Name that warning light?

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
Orange triangle with an exclamation mark in it......next to the VSA warning light.

Anyone illuminate me? :D

Appears to be the VSA Activation indicator. It came on earlier (for the first tim ever), stayed lit until I pulled over turned the engine off and back on and it didn't light up again.

There are two lights, one the 'activation indicator' the other the 'system indicator'....apparantly if they both light there is a problem....I only had the one so hopefully now't to worry about!

The VSA units have been know to go faulty on these cars. Hopefully it wont come on again but it's turned on for a reason. Sounds like early signs of a faulty unit..
These were covered under extended warranty but only for 7 years with less than 125k

Gulp! Hopefully it's gone never to return!

Mine is 8 years old on 70k. I thought it was a diesel affliction.....my dad's had the VSA issue and cost him £2k to sort......his was five years old with 80k and Honda wouldn't do anything for him :(

The VSA units have been know to go faulty on these cars. Hopefully it wont come on again but it's turned on for a reason. Sounds like early signs of a faulty unit..
These were covered under extended warranty but only for 7 years with less than 125k

Warranty on VSA is 3 years extension or 62k.

I pray it's not a problem with the VSA...as I say it cost my dad £2k to sort his!

Is it true Bosch service centres can sort it for a lot less?

You should be ok, I did post a link somewhere to a company that does it for couple hundred warrantied. BBA reman maybe?
It's not that bad if you go down that route.

Andy don't worry just yet, it might never come back.
As salim has said there are cheaper options

mine came on a couple of times, I had to change my rear brake pads and never seen it again ;)

oh dw dude mine comes on quite often i just give the key a quick flick whilst driving and it dont usually come on. some times it could come on 5 times on the way home some times it wont come on for a couple of months its very random

I am a numpty. I'd simply pressed the switch with my knee, turning the VSA off! :blush:

Whenever you turn the engine off and back on it is always on ie light off when started.

'nowt to worry me little self about! :D

:lol: Classic!!!

Appears to be the VSA Activation indicator. It came on earlier (for the first tim ever), stayed lit until I pulled over turned the engine off and back on and it didn't light up again.

There are two lights, one the 'activation indicator' the other the 'system indicator'....apparantly if they both light there is a problem....I only had the one so hopefully now't to worry about!

If just the yellow triangle with the ! in it was it - this means the VSA activated - tend to find it happen if you get wheel slip under hard acceleration / aquaplaning etc. if the pair come on then there could be a bug in the system. both lights have been causing problems on mine, but i think problem was down to pay in the D bushes on the front anti roll bar. Now fixed and so far no sign of past problem....