What's new

Nasty shaking/vibration at speed

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
So I believe i've got the common drive shaft issue (If I googled correctly) as the car shakes horribly above 50mph, or at any speed going up any hill, it even makes the passenger seat shake and squeak because of the shaking

Recently had 4 wheel alignment done cause the car ate the inner sides of the rear tyres, and the car was well and truely out at both ends, but unfortunately didn't sort my shaking issue out though made it slightly better.

Anyway to test if this could be my driveshaft or is it a case of replace and hope for the best? Also best place to get drive shafts from? Cause I can imagine getting them from honda is going to be quite expensive.

2.4 Manual btw.

Cheers.

Your best bet really is eBay and breakers, or check the big motor factors to see if they can get hold of any pattern part.

I'll have a gander on ebay, places like ECP and CP4L don't seem to have anything.

So the likes of eBay and such don't seem to stock the full drive shaft but in bits, like the joint and boot, and the axle seperately, Abundance of full mk7 Driveshafts but finding one for the mk8 is hard!

Does the mk8 also suffer with DS issues? If you can drive through it and the wobble dissapears then usually rules out balancing and simple stuff.

Sorry for the late reply, still haven't got this sorted out.

The wobble doesn't disappear, happens mostly after 50mph or going up a slight hill above 20mph, only on acceleration.

Does anyone know what common side of the CV goes, The wheel side or the transmission side? I can just try to replace them since they're not that expensive.

Just seems really weird you can only buy the drive shaft in seperate bits for the CU/CW cars but for the older CL cars you can buy the full drive shaft.