What's new

Need advice on changing the pressure valve on fuel rail please

rayhunt

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord i-ctdi
Hi I've got the dreaded won't start when hot problem. Done the test and it seams the valve is at fault as I did get diesel come out when I removed that pipe and cranked it over. But im wondering as it's in tight and requires a fair bit of force to get out. Is it best to remove the rail and do it on a bench or do it under the bonnet. And if I do it under the bonnet there is not enough space to get a socket on. as the power steering pump is close to it. a ring spanner fits in but I'm worried that will round the nut of as my ring spanners are 12 point not sure if you can get 6 point ones. So do I remove the pas pump to get space for a decent socket. Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Remove rail its 10mins job.if you dont know how to remove it look in the forum there are somewhere post of removing intake manifold if you look in there are steps of removing fuel rail.

Thanks Yeh it looks easy enough to remove just wanted another appionion. Just waiting for the valve to arrive now

New valve fitted and problem solved. Also the engine sounds much quieter especially on medium acceleration I have no idea why that is. And it seams much smoother as well. So that's 2 good side affects.
Thanks for the help

Injectors are fuelling correctly now hence the smoother sounding engine