What's new

Need help for fitting bodykits

rhyeung

Members
Reaction score
Car
SPORT TOURER
Hi everyone, I had been finding the bodykit for my tourer, and finally I found them! The front lip had been put on which is very good, and a pair of side skirts and rear lip, just arrived couple days ago, having look around and try them on to the car, they are all direct fit over the OEM part, they come without any fitting kit, i really need some advice for fitting them, do you think the double side tape for automotive will help or any sort of glue? Your help will be appreciated..

Not sure for the tourer but on the saloon the skirts dont go over but replace the skirt and can be bonded at extremes. the rear lip is just held in place with push type retainers.

Sal's right - they are to replace the existing skirts not go over the old ones. You need to use self tapping screws or rivets on the ends and maybe some tiger seal or Sikaflex to bond the edge against the bottom sill. The bumper extensions are bonded on.

First of all, merry Christmas to you guys, and thanks for reply, the side skirts is fit over the existing parts I'm afraid, they are aftermaket and the design is totally different from others, I thought they could be sent me the wrong one, but after try them on the car, they just fit straight on the OEM part.... And I know I need some screws to secure on the end, and I think I may need some double side tape as well from inside of the moulding? if so, a good tape recommend will be appreciated..

Sal's right - they are to replace the existing skirts not go over the old ones. You need to use self tapping screws or rivets on the ends and maybe some tiger seal or Sikaflex to bond the edge against the bottom sill. The bumper extensions are bonded on.
Having search in eBay the Sikaflex has 221,291,and512, and 221 is the one for bodykit adhensive? And 512 can be very useful for me man thanks...:)

Ray - trust me, although they fit over the skirt it won't be flush. You need to remove the old skirts.

Ray, When i fitted my skirts i had to remove the old skirts and re use the clips from the original skirts and some tiger seal. You will need to seal the skirts to the underside of the car or they will clank around against the bottom. You will see what i mean when you come to fitting them.

Crespo, thanks for advice this, for fitting this skirts, all I can see is they are the mouldings that just cover the existing side skirts, so not sure if I still need seal the underside edge of these skirts, perhaps using seal provides more firmer and they wont clank is that what you mean? some double side tape in the inside of the bodykit and some screws on the end plus some seal..?
I just can't see why I should bothering removing the existing side skirts for some point....

Crespo, thanks for advice this, for fitting this skirts, all I can see is they are the mouldings that just cover the existing side skirts, so not sure if I still need seal the underside edge of these skirts, perhaps using seal provides more firmer and they wont clank is that what you mean? some double side tape in the inside of the bodykit and some screws on the end plus some seal..?
I just can't see why I should bothering removing the existing side skirts for some point....
You need to remove the skirt mate post a pic of your new skirt that you are trying to fit and let us see the design so we can tell you how it needs to be fitted.

This is the skirt i have and you definitely need to remove the original skirt.

de905ea5-6b0b-4a03-8475-cd6091ad4fd6.jpg

3dd1e7e0-383d-4588-9086-17f0a07c0421.jpg

I believe it is a fibreglass copy of the A Spec (sports kit)

Hi, I gave those bodykit to the buddy who do the paintwork and hopefully will post them when I pick them up..after this Xmas mate :)
I understand and your skirts are replace the old one right?

Here is the finished pic they sent for me.. as you can see, direct cover the OEM parts no need replacing...
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/imagewze.jpg/

And also here is finished pic of the real lip that I bought from this seller.. yeah, they are copy, 80+30£ p&p
http://img705.imageshack.us/i/imageqod.jpg

Ray if you look at where the rear of the skirt meets the bottom of the rear wheel arch you will see that it needs to sit flush. If you stick it over the old one, it will stick out. You have to remove the old skirts.

This is the skirt i have and you definitely need to remove the original skirt.

de905ea5-6b0b-4a03-8475-cd6091ad4fd6.jpg

3dd1e7e0-383d-4588-9086-17f0a07c0421.jpg

I believe it is a fibreglass copy of the A Spec (sports kit)

woah crespo car is looking well coool,massive transformations from when i last saw it it buddy,great work....