What's new

Need help! Sudden loss if power under heavy acceleration only.

The Dual Mass Flywheel will not necessarily need to be replaced... that can be determined when the clutch is removed and the DMF free play can then be measured. I understand it has been a long time since Honda themselves decided that a DMF required replacement during an i-CTDi clutch change. Heavy vibration at idle is a sign that the DMF is knackered.

Depending upon where you get it done - and where the parts are sourced from - I should think you should be looking at £450/£500 for the job, ***uming you don't need a new DMF.

LUK supply the clutch ***embly and DMF to Honda. EuroCarParts, for example, sell these and have regular sales on.

Quick update guys on the situation! Ok so got home from holidays on Sunday, I'm leaving the car in with my local mechanic tomorrow so I will let you know what he finds! He suspects the egr valve, my mum had trouble with the egr on her 2006 I-ctdi honda jeep aswell, so hopefully a good clean out and it should be fine, fingers crossed. Il get back tomorrow evening to let you's know what he finds. Thanks

If it doesn't solve it we can close it off permanently as part of a remap.

Hi guys so I just called into my mechanic on the way home from work and he said he plugged it in and it come up (boost pressure) he recons there is a hose came loose or a leak somewhere? Has anyone else any info on this problem in regard to which hoses to check thanks :)

What's the error code?

Well, it sounds like is tropical problem of the i-cdti, you could try do the remap by fahad and with the EGR off plus the plate to blank off, I'm sure the car will recover the power! As I was having the same issue over and over even I change my EGR valve brand new, it still gave up at the end..

Egr is a possible cause but as always try and take the guesswork out of it by getting the actual error codes

Il get back to you's tomorrow to let you know what he finds! Hopefully nothing to serious! Will try and get the code aswell. Thanks

I had a similar issue after a service which I eventually diagnosed to be the EVR Valve after throwing a P1237 code and swapping solenoids. Here's the thread hope it helps.

Ok guys, ofter all the speculation over this problem I can finally reveal that the problem was merely a disconnected hose from the intercooler that was causing the loss off power under heavy acceleration! After changing the fuel filter and cleaning the map sensor no difference! Took It to my local garage plugged it in and it came up "boost pressure" mechanic'a first thought was loose hose! Checked over and found a loose hose from intercooler which had popped off, reconnected it and the cars driving 100%. Hope this helps someone else in future! Cost me £25 to fix, if I had of brought the car to honda would of cost me hundreds??? Cheers for the help guys :)

Glad it sorted! And it just a simple problem, hope you enjoy the car mate..