What's new

New 2.4 Intake Option and poss group buy

Egap08

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CL9
Hey all,

Been looking for an intake for a while to replace my bodge by the last owner and after reading the heeltoe-auto intake shootout had settled for the K&N long ram. As most of you know there isn't a great selection of options out there for a reasonable price with most being £220+! Ebay have had great deals on and up until last week the K&N was at £163 delivered! Unfortunately the day i went to order mine prices had gone up by £100, apparently it was all old stock and has been snapped up, prices are now a min of £245 :( hopefully someone got a bargain while they were available.

So I have searched some more and come up with this HPS branded intake:

HPSFILTER_zps8f5072a4.jpg

37-122_installed_zpsd99ab950.jpg

Same 2.75" diameter as the k&n system and comes with a k&n filter too, clamps all look to be high quality as does the finish and available in several colours. Also has power graphs of tsx power runs and seems to be proven to make power!!

dyno_37-122_zps15430265.jpg

I have spoken to the seller of these who has been very helpful and the first purchase should hopefully should be on aeroplane as I type this :) we have also spoken about a group buy if we can get enough interest? The first one has cost £190 delivered to the door with hopefully minimal import charges, it's marked as a gift B)
They are quite confident they could do either product or shipping discount on a larger order but obviously there would be some customs charge. All in all should work out cheaper than a K&N either way

As soon as it lands I will post unboxing photos shortly followed by fitting pics and a sound clip. My cl9 is currently in the workshop on axle stands having quite an overhaul so wont be able to roadtest for a bit is the only thing.

Anyway let me know what you think, hopefully the wait for the product wont be too long!

i think this gives you up to +20bhp

open to correction.

69-1209TS K&N TYPHOON COLD AIR KIT HONDA ACCORD 2.4 2004-2007

Hey Shivan, great you are interested, If we can get some numbers together I can see what sort of discount would be available.

Eric i doubt the short ram would give 20bhp even with the heat shield. Possibly the long ram intake would but the k&n site claims around 4-7bhp on any of their kits.

i think this gives you up to +20bhp

open to correction.

69-1209TS K&N TYPHOON COLD AIR KIT HONDA ACCORD 2.4 2004-2007

haHA, you were a bit too ealry in posting that Eric, and hour or so later and it would have made more sense :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys stick to long ram as this would likely hit the 10bhp mark or close...

Yeah. I had a short ram intake. Thought it was adding something, but I reckon it was a placebo from the sound. Once I'd gone full CAI, it was clear I'd been suffering heat saturation with the short ram, even with a cold air feeder pipe. Get you intake down behind you bumper, sucking up lots of lovely cold air. Sounds good, feels good, is good!

Woohoo just had a customs note intake will be here friday! Had to pay an additional £20 still, bringing the total to £210 delivered :)

Ok so for those interested the intake is here!!

Overall fairly impressed. The kit is very comprehensive and easy to fit, accessories are brilliant and good quality, even got a free number plate holder! Shame my plate isn't u.s. size :lol: Actual fitment and alignment in the bay is spot on, only let down at the moment is the quality of the tubing, quite a few marks/scratches and the finish on the two sections is slightly different. Have already sent an email to the supplier so will see what they say. Itching to see what it sounds like but awaiting my rocker cover back from paint. Any way enough waffling on with the pics:

The Package

The supplied K&N filter

Accessories

Destructions, easy to follow although the pictures dont help alot, some guess work was required with washers etc

Free plate holder :)

The pipework and marking i mentioned

Love these clamps! Much better than your usual affair

Intake fitted in short ram mode

Sensor is a very snug fit

Various fitting pics

Couple more deeper marks i found

Fully fitted long ram

As said overall i was quite impressed, if the tubing quality was there i couldn't fault the kit but we will see what the supplier can do! Let me know what you think :)

Looks nice man.

Would be interested if there was a good group buy going on.

that looks dangerously low for water intake, my car is on coils and would be hesitant to put a intake that low.

one gush of water and bye bye k42.

Looks great James and bet is sounds lovely in VTEC.The good thing with this kit it looks like you can also have a short ram for the winter rain.

Brett has hit the nail on the head, water is no problem, in winter just convert to short ram. It would only ever be a problem in flood water really, the accord has plenty of plastic covering the filter area to stop rain or road water!
Looks great James and bet is sounds lovely in VTEC.The good thing with this kit it looks like you can also have a short ram for the winter rain.

Ok so far we have interest from:

HondaHead
Perry
Blanco808
Astra02

Really need another 6 to make it worth properly inquiring and getting any decent discount on shipping and product!!

Oh and Eric where on earth did you find a 4.2l stroker kit :lol:

Hi Beckie yes should be no problem for your 56 plate

HondaHead
Perry
Blanco808
Astra02
Becks999

anyone else to add to the list?

Just to add to this guys opie oils have a great deal on at the min.All items have a 25% discount code so a genuine K&N full ram looks very good indeed.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/product-finder.aspx?CategoryID=1135&ProductTypeID=1129&SEName=kn-induction-kits-kn-typhoon-metal#results

Just to add to this guys opie oils have a great deal on at the min.All items have a 25% discount code so a genuine K&N full ram looks very good indeed.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/product-finder.aspx?CategoryID=1135&ProductTypeID=1129&SEName=kn-induction-kits-kn-typhoon-metal#results

£368!!! Ouch thats ridiculous for an alloy pipe and filter, this hps is £210 at my full rate price without the group buy!! Should be able to do this over £160 cheaper, thats a strut brace and tank of fuel :p

True James but with a 25% discount on that price it puts it a more respectable price.
But all other items at opie might be worth a shout.

sorry guys, i found me a k and n typhoon now not so cheap but alot less than may places have been offering, will let you know more info if it ever arrives (should be today)

bump ! Any progress on this James or is anyone else interested ? Was the ebay seller you bought from in the US based in Rowland Heights, California ?

We haven't got enough people to make it worthwhile at this point, unless we get more involved everyone could purchase it for themselves at a good price! Definitely us based would have to check location

Hi all, sorry to revive an old thread but this was an interesting read.

I had the K&N version of this and got it new for £30...

I bought it from eBay advertised a Honda Accord but when I received the goods it was for the Honda Accord but the US version.
After in vestigation it worked out that the short ram version was the same but the part which went in the wing was different.

I sent an email to K&N in the USA and explained that I purchased the K&N kit in the UK but it had an incorrect part inside.
The asked no questions and apologized and send my the correct version all the way from the US free of charge.

A little cheeky I know but for £30 all in, it sounds like it was a bargain of the century !

It did sound very good (could not comment on the BHP increase if they was any) but I did like it very much.
In my opinion it is worth every penny no mater what you pay as it bring a smile to your face every time you drive your car
DSCF1575-2.jpg