What's new

New Accord owner

luckypedro79

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i-ctdi EX
Hello folks, first post on this forum so please go gentle! ;)
I bought a 2006 EX accord diesel yesterday and I am over the moon with the car. I owned 2 civics in the past and have just returned to Honda having spent some time in a range of other cars, mainly mondeos the last one being an ST diesel which I managed to write off in the snow! Anyway, the car is fantastic and I am hugely pleased to back with Honda.
However, there are 2 small issues that I would like some help with if anybody can:

1. The passenge front window goes down fine but is very slow to come back up. It sounds like the motor is really struggling.
2. The headlight washers stick up after washing the lights. Is this just a case of spraying some WD40 into the mechanism?

Thanks in advance for yoru help and heres to many more posts!
Happy Christmas one and all!

THERE IS NO MECHANCAL BITS!! they work by water pressure, but they are very likely frozen, leave alone till it warms up a bit, could also be affecting the window as well, check for ice.

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum, sounds like the motor may be on the way out on the window, this happened to my audi a6 as well, but i'd wait for some of the more experienced members to comment on your situation first.

hi welcome along

for the window you could try running some oil down the window channels to see if that helps (not to much or it makes a mess)

the headlamp washer as said could be frozen

Yes, leave the washers alone till the weather warms up.

The rubber window channels may also be frozen, I'm not even opening my windows in this weather in fear of damaging the window regulator from the stress of ice.

Yes, leave the washers alone till the weather warms up.

The rubber window channels may also be frozen, I'm not even opening my windows in this weather in fear of damaging the window regulator from the stress of ice.

ure not opening the windows AT ALL (until warmer weather)?
maaaan i wish i knew that before i attempted to open my windows

welcome along fella the only problem iv had is the drivers lock keeps freezing.I have to get in the passenger side to Manuely pull up the lock has anyone else had this

Thanks for all replies folks. Will leave till warmer weather I think for all to warm up. Fahad, will be in touch with you at some point in new year for remap I think. Still same price?

Thanks for all replies folks. Will leave till warmer weather I think for all to warm up. Fahad, will be in touch with you at some point in new year for remap I think. Still same price?

Go for it peter you wont regret it B)

Agree with previous posts re letting things warm up but would also suggest buying some silicon lubricant from Halfords and spraying the window runners.
Prevents the felt binding with the glass and helps the motor lift the window.

Pete, yes mate - it's a permanent offer for our club members as long as you can get the car to me.

Pete, yes mate - it's a permanent offer for our club members as long as you can get the car to me.
NIce one cheers mate. Will be in touch at some point soon. Might have a friend looking for a Toureag remap as well if you can do that?

HI all - my headlight washers had a hard time back on motorway over xmas from wales and now do not pop up at all?! i read (above) that they work on water pressure - my windscreen washers still work though so there is fluid in there....
are mine knackered?! is there simple check to do on them....

Once the fluid level gets below a certain level the headlight washer will not work but the main screen washer will. Just topup to full and see if that solves the problem.

Is it possible some cack got into the line and has blocked them?

NIce one cheers mate. Will be in touch at some point soon. Might have a friend looking for a Toureag remap as well if you can do that?

Of course mate. Contact details are in my sig.

ahh, i thought maybe the headlight washers might stop below a certain level but i haven't topped up since my long drive - will try filling up and hope they work again? my windscreeen is now covered in somet that doesn't help the wipers clear properly, think i need to de=grease it and clean it properly. then maybe use rain-ex - saw one in halfords that you can add to the washer fluid so might give that a go?

filled up me washer and headlight squirters work again, cool, never had such luxury before! also replaced PS headlight bulb as died this am - glad it wasnt driver's side as described in another thread! however, i bought a super bright bulb so now one light is brighter than the other and i might feel compelled to have a go at the DS - scraped knuckles here i come!
got a heated seat switch light to do too and seen someone's posted links to pics on that, i guess it only needs the trim around the gearstick to be pulled off??