What's new

New Body Kit Images

A

A-EX

These aren't the best pics I'm afraid, but wanted to post up something so you can see what I had done.

Sports front bumper, side skirts and the rear sports bumper. As you can see, I opted not to have the bootlid spoiler. It just looked out of place and didnt look nice to me so didnt bother with it. Overall, am happy with the car now - so the Type-S search is off now unless I find one with this kit on it :lol:

I'll wash/detail this weekend if this stupid weather stays dry and will add more images to this thread accordingly.

Enjoy :D

ACC1.jpg

ACC2.jpg

Wowz, that's a really nice kit and a really nice looking car too B)
Is it a Honda kit or aftermarket?

Very nice indeed. B)

is there any chance you could post a bigger picture i cant quite see the car. :lol:

Very nice indeed. B)

is there any chance you could post a bigger picture i cant quite see the car. :lol:

Oh *****!

Just realised I didnt size them properly! Stupid BlackBerry!

Yadash: Thats the OEM Honda Sports kit - collectively known as the Dynamic Pack, but if each part is bought on its own, its either a sports front/rear bumper and skirts. Just need to get a nice trapezoidal s/s exhaust bit for the rear and I'll be made up.

I must say, the colour match is bang on. Not sure how many are aware (I certainly wasnt) - that these parts are already pre-painted from Honda. Amazing!

Looks stunning SAJ but disagree about the spoiler.I think the design and look finishes the car of lovely.

Looks stunning SAJ but disagree about the spoiler.I think the design and look finishes the car of lovely.

I'm not sold on it Brett. Dunno whether its a combination of its sleekness and the dark colour of my car, which effectively renders it near invisible, or the fact there little/no overhang on the bootlid. Cant quite put finger on it.

That said, I havent ruled one out completely! :ph34r:

As you said black is a funny colour for hiding things.
I think on mine it transforms the back and blends in nice .
What's your next plan for the car SAJ or is it early days yet.
I was thinking about the sports pack but not got the funds at the min.

Plans-a-plenty, its just finding time (and money) to do it all.

To be honest, after giving up on finding an ADAS-equipped Type S in black, the body kit was on my radar and at least this way I now no longer need to respray the bumper! :lol:

Only plan before the year is out is new wheels. Not a fan of the Storms, even though HH have offered me a darn good deal on a set, I just dont think they suit the Accord. I like the Type-S wheels, but the price is not worth what I'm prepared to pay unless I can find a breaker. To be honest, I like the look of it as it is - car really needs to be seen in person to understand why I say that - the pics really do not do it justice.

Love the stance/pose/poise and colour - all looks amazing. And when the warranty goes - R E M A P :)

Thanks for the kind comments fella's - I'm sure the body kit would look more prominent on a light colour - from some angles, you cant even tell its had two new bumpers at all. The wife hasnt even noticed yet either, and knowing her she wont either! (And in case you're wondering, no, shes not a blonde! :lol: )

that looks amazing mate, love the look now. Noticed you have front parking sensors. How do they work and is there a display in the car?
Whats the next mod, maybe a new set of 18's?

that looks amazing mate, love the look now. Noticed you have front parking sensors. How do they work and is there a display in the car?
Whats the next mod, maybe a new set of 18's?

Yes the display for the front sensors is the same as for the rears. On the right hand LCD screen, it displays the car and the area/corner where the sensor is activated, just as it does when reversing. I have noticed the odd occasion when they bleep when low flying birds/pigeons like to dice with death!

Yes the display for the front sensors is the same as for the rears. On the right hand LCD screen, it displays the car and the area/corner where the sensor is activated, just as it does when reversing. I have noticed the odd occasion when they bleep when low flying birds/pigeons like to dice with death!
Thanks for the info Saj, similar to a BMW idrive then

Shabz I got them as well and are so good.The 8 gen has a huge front end so the front parking sensors are a must.

Looking good Saj ! You need auto folding mirrors now!

That looks proper mean! B)

That looks proper mean! B)

Even my old man said that as I drove behind him yesterday! :lol:

And on the m-way today, quite a few German-badged morons were quite happy to move out the way as well. LOL

If it's not a rude question, how much did Honda charge? I think the side skirts look the biz..

Added a few more, that I have resized. Looks like weather may be bad this weekend (rain) so probably cant detail it after all. Excuse the dirt-n-grime, I will post proper images when able.

These should be a tad easy on the screen size too! :lol:

Acc01.jpg

Acc02.jpg

Acc03.jpg

Acc04.jpg

Are you going to straight your exhaust pipe out?

If it's not a rude question, how much did Honda charge? I think the side skirts look the biz..

If its all the same with you Stewart, I'd rather not say. Pricey, yes, but HH were nearly 60% cheaper than if I had, for example, paid list prices advertised on Honda's website. When I can, I'll get detail pics of the side skirts - they arent just bonded and screwed in - big a s s plates under each side holding them snug, but tight. They aint ever coming off!

Are you going to straight your exhaust pipe out?

Yeh James, thats my near term goal. I dont mind it not being visible, but I just want a nice visual feature - if I can find a nice trapezoidal one, then I will go for that. Otherwise a 2 or 3" diameter circular tip will fill it just fine. How did you do yours?

If its all the same with you Stewart, I'd rather not say. Pricey, yes, but HH were nearly 60% cheaper than if I had, for example, paid list prices advertised on Honda's website. When I can, I'll get detail pics of the side skirts - they arent just bonded and screwed in - big a s s plates under each side holding them snug, but tight. They aint ever coming off!

Yeh James, thats my near term goal. I dont mind it not being visible, but I just want a nice visual feature - if I can find a nice trapezoidal one, then I will go for that. Otherwise a 2 or 3" diameter circular tip will fill it just fine. How did you do yours?

As crude as it sounds, a little hacksaw a 2 mins of sawing will soon have the turn down off! The blank in the rear bumper actually clips out after removing 2 screws.jack it up to get a better view!

I fitted a chrome 65-70mm tail pipe as the honda exhaust is 62mm outer diameter. I think you can but the chrome fitting from honda for the 2.4 unit but not sure off the size? Maybe brett could get the tape measure out?

I will get you a pic of how I secured the chrome pipe.

Look forward to it!

Prob not the right place to post these and really need another thread but for your info pictures below. I used hex flat face bolts from the inside and i held these in place with the allen key whilst tightening up the nut from the outside.

IMG01292-20120301-1119.jpg

IMG01290-20120301-1119.jpg

IMG01293-20120301-1119.jpg

I'm slowly warming to the design of the 8th generation as a neighbour has just bought one.

My only criticism is that is that the bodywork is what I call "heavy" and n my opinion they look very under-wheeled.

My neighbour has a set of 18's on his and they still don't fill out the arches.

Car looks good though mate :D

James,

Many thanks for the pics - they were just as I expected, Thank you. :)

I'm slowly warming to the design of the 8th generation as a neighbour has just bought one.

My only criticism is that is that the bodywork is what I call "heavy" and n my opinion they look very under-wheeled.

My neighbour has a set of 18's on his and they still don't fill out the arches.

Car looks good though mate :D

Hey Paul, I know what you mean in regards to the wheel size, and that was a concern of mine prior to having the kit fitted.

But, saying that, when I look at the car now, the wheels dont look that bad out of place because its all OEM components and looks low slung as well, so may forget the idea of lowering it. It handles great as it is anyway and I'd rather not spoil the set up for the time being.

I was at a set of lights today - another Accord (8th G) pulled alongside me and gave me the "thumbs up" to the kit - very few 8th Gens with it on so the exclusivity factor has gone up again!

Yeah, I'm warming to it. But like you think it looks heavy and stuff. Having driven one, I love the drive truly. It feels light and sporty and definitely tighter feeling than my 7th gen. But I prefer the look of the 7th and so am making it my goal to get my tourer handling like an 8th gen :lol: .

I must be blind - just noticed that the side skirts added on are completely different to the ones found on the GT and Type S models too. :D