What's new

New clutch slip again :/

brodziu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CTDI
Hi. As some of you remember that I've changed my clutch 3 weeks ago but today I noticed that it slip again :( I was joining traffic on the motorway ,3rd gear without pushing hard and revs start jumping..I also noticed that the clutch begins to combine at the end of its way if you know what I mean :eek: and when I picked up car everything was good. I've done around 300 miles on that clutch and treated it with caution to let it settle down .. Tomorrow I'll call HH and will see what they gonna say.

was it hh that fitted the new clutch if so i would be very surprised if its clutch slip .iv not seen any body yet with problems after a new clutch.also did you have the dmf done and were you advised to

Yeah it was

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1923-clutch-changed-at-hh/page__fromsearch__1

yes HH done the job and they didn't advised me to do DMF because it wasn't so worn fortunatelly :eek:

Its possible it's still bedding in i.e the friction plate surface is still finding its right mating point with the DMF - or it could have been your VSA kicking in due to the weather we're having..

what sort of driving have you done in this 300 miles?
I drove easy without high revs or things like that , just like with still slipping clutch ;)
and to be honest I doubt that is still bedding but will see what HH gonna say. My concern is that they will say that they can't do anything in this matter because car has been remaped and I dont want to back to stock :/

Greg, plenty of remapped Accords out there with new and old clutches... Could still be bedding in really mate.

Greg mate i would go with Fahad on this but wait to see wait HH say.If its a problem there end i think they will be very helpful indeed.On a new clutch you get 12 months parts and labour warranty.

Just finished to talk with very helpful gentelmen at service desk who told me that it's not normal that clutch is slipping so it's no bedding or anything similar. He told that they need to have a look on that so I'm going there 29th and we will see ;) fingers crossed that it's nothing serious :(

Hi guys just want to let you know yesterday I've been at HH with my slipping clutch.They adjusted clutch a bit but it didn't help so they told me that they need to take out gearbox to see if it's faulty clutch or DMF.If it's DMF I'll have to pay over 1k :D if clutch they'll replace it for free. Can anybody tell me is that little play on DMF can cause that clutch is slipping? I'm also wondering how they can tell that the clutch may be slipping due to a faulty clutch or flywheel. and final thought is that what if with new DMF the clutch will be still slipping? does this mean that I threw a grand because new DMF wasn't needed :/ I'll keep you informed.

Greg, if they replace the DMF too then there is nothing left to cause any slip really. Perhaps you've just been unlucky with your clutch install, let them refit a new one and see what happens.

They can tell if the DMF needs replacing by checking for play in the DMF. There is a certain amount allowed by Honda (I can't remember the value from memory). If there is more play than allowed then they will need to replace it. You may want to look into getting your own DMF as I know some people have found LUK parts far cheaper than Honda sell them.

That sounds about right.

Best of luck Grzesiek let us no how you get on

Good luck mate, I hope it isnt the flywheel. As CJ has said they will have checked it when installing but HH are only human so maybe an incorrect install has happend. Could actually be a faulty clutch kit to begin with.

Cheers guys.I also hope that is just clutch. At HH work only humans so they can make mistakes or the clutch was defective because as I said clutch pedal catch higher then before...we'll see. Fingers crossed B)

Well at least you should know that HH will check it and not try and fob you off etc.

Best of luck

Well I had new exhaust fitted about 2 weeks before christmas by Zorstec and straight after my clutch slipped :(

I parked the car up and booked it in at Newcastle main dealer who I took warranty out with, while there they replaced manifold under warranty but said nothing wrong with the clutch :lol:

My wife picked the car up due to been busy at work so couldn't ask any questions or test it. I took it out for a spin that night and revs shooting up :( I don't know who tested it but how on earth you could say it wasn't slipping is shocking.

Anyway parked the car up over christmas and booked it into Harrogate dealer instead who said straight away it was slipping. They have changed it today and found flywheel ok so not as bad as it could have been I suppose so happy ish. Running around in brand new 1 mile on click when I picked it up Jazz Si, stiff ride, alloys but no go at all ;) can't wait to pick my car back up saturday :)

Strange the different service you get from Honda dealers, the local one to me damaged my Civic Type R then denied doing it so I'll never go back there, Newcastle can't diagnose a very simple in my view slipping clutch so had to travel a good distance to another out of area to get sorted which I'm very pleased at the serviced but which I only had to travel 5 miles to local one instead of round trip of nearly 200 miles B)

hey ho car is now fixed...... fingers crossed anyway :D

Honda also provided me with a Jazz courtesy car whilst they replaced my clutch; it sure makes you appreciate the Accord upon its return

Lee you said you took warranty with Newcastle main dealer.So they said your clutch was ok would that have been covered by the warranty?.
The question is if so did you pay for the works done at the other dealers.

Clutch not covered under warranty, manifold was.

I took it there as took the warranty out with them and made sense to have both done at same time.

They didn't charge for looking at the clutch.

I paid normal price for clutch at other dealer, or I will do when I pick it up saturday. They did say however they have asked if Honda are willing to put anything towards it, i'll find out tomorrow.

Any news on whats causing this yet mate?

Lee, it could have been worse - you could have gone to Stratstone Bradford where they will charge you circa £90 for the privelege of telling you your clutch is slipping :(

How's the zorst by the way, not seen any pics yet..

So guys a little update about my clutch and DMF. I left my car with HH today and got civic from them as courtesy car which is not going at all :p Anyway once they stripped the gear box they called me to say that they'll replace clutch and I also need DMF. But what I have to pay is £200 :D because my warranty which I bought with car agreed to cover the costs :( But because one claim can be up to 1k I'm paying the rest which is much better then £1200 and I'll get new clutch and DMF. Car will be ready for tommorow. Hopefully it will last for a good couple years. ;)

Excellent result!!