What's new

New Clutch slipping

EP3-AccordCTDi

Members
Reaction score
Car
'08 CTDi Sport
Hi all

Just had a new clutch fitted today and when I left the garage and got onto the dual carriage way I tested the new clutch under boost in 3rd gear but unexpectedly had slip. More slip than the old clutch and reason for getting it changed. Old clutch had done 97K and looked like new nearly so thinking it was the pressure plate that reached max adjustment.

From those of ye who have had clutches changed is this a normal thing and the clutch needs to self adjust and cures itself or should I take it back to the garage pronto?

It was my local Honda garage that did it for 900 euro. No honda happiness in Ireland :( .

Thanks
Ger

they should have advised you to take it easy to bed the clutch in and let the adjuster mechanism settle.its quite common for these to slip for a short time after replacement..also worth checking the adjustment of the cruise control switch bud.

Cheers lads,

Wasn't intentionally planning on testing the clutch just that I had to get out in traffic so hence having to boot it.

I'll check the cruse control adjustment. From reading on here there should be a 1mm gap roughly right?

Will make sure to take it easy tomorrow got a 200 mile round trip so will see how I get on.

Possibly just bedding in against the face of the old DMF mate.. but if it persists, take it back..

Yep you need to be taking it easy for around 500miles before giving the car any beans.

If it still slips its defo not okay as when I had my first clutch changed and the cg one fitted neither ever slipped but i did bed in over 500 miles.

1st question was the clutch fitted at main dealers.
Also did they check the tolerance on the DMF.
I'm asking this because a member from hear a wile back had this.
It turns out he needed a new DMF as well.
Hopefully it's not that and just needs to bed in.

Hello
I had mine done at Holdcroft Honda and on the motorway run back I noticed slight slip. You have to let the clutch bed in and be very easy on the clutch. No harsh accelaration or anything. Stop and starts really help the clutch bed into and take to the flywheel.

After about 800 miles the clutch was absolutely fine. Make sure that the cruise control switch was also adjusted.

Please keep us updated

I had the same. my clutch and pressure plate was changed I gave it time to bed in around 500 miles but then it start slips again so I took it back to dealer who said that my DMF need to be changed so they again changed whole set clutch.pressure plate and dmf and after around 500 miles I start using it hard and no slippage at all :D

I had the same. my clutch and pressure plate was changed I gave it time to bed in around 500 miles but then it start slips again so I took it back to dealer who said that my DMF need to be changed so they again changed whole set clutch.pressure plate and dmf and after around 500 miles I start using it hard and no slippage at all :D

I thought i remembered a member it was brodziu who had it done ;)

yep brett that was me :D so far so good with my clutch hopefully it will last for good couple years :)

Good man hopefully it will be fine lol

When I had my clutch done at CG motorsport I asked about running the clutch in ! The owner of the place said as I had had the full clutch fitted ( paddle with dmf ) I had no need to bother and could drive it as hard as i liked ! this I did and sure enough there was no slippage and I did try on the 200 mile ride home :D

Hello guys, mine 57 accord icdti has done 130k and the clutch has been silping for about last 20k after I did remap, at this millage is it recommended to change the DMF with the clutch also how do you know if DMF needs to be replaced.. what is the difference with the CG Motorsport clutch and that is the cost and advantage of over original... also is it better to buy original or LUK clutch, thanks in advance

There's a recent thread about the clutch and the advantage of the CG one over the original one. Make a little search.
wink.gif