What's new

New owner from Eastbourne

fatgeezer

Reaction score
Car
2006 i-ctdi exec
Hi. Picked up my '56 plate i-ctdi executive estate yesterday. Very impressed with it on drive home. Not the quietest engine in the world from the outside but once inside it compares with a petrol engined Merc. for quietness. She has racked up 150,000 miles but comes with a fully stamped main dealer service history with loads of receipts for other stuff which seems to be mainly brake pads and tyres. Clutch/DMF (whose idea was that) was done at 80,000 by Honda for £999. If that means that it'll need doing again at 160,000 I'll probably just keep it for a year and flog it so someone else can have that bill. But it may last longer (who knows). Very impressive car to drive and all the electrical stuff works, comfortable and economical (currently showing 49.5 mpg). Two very small (an inch square) bits of rust on rear arches, but that shouldn't be too much to sort out. Now to find a local indie that I can trust to look after her. Overall a lovely car. Very impressed. Will add some pics later.

Can't edit or delete original message,but I wasn't looking at the mpg as I thought. I was reading the trip meter. Sorted now.

Welcome.

We don't seem to get many complaints about premature DMF failure so it was probably done while the clutch was out so should all last longer than 80K, I'm pretty sure I'm on my first at 130K so I think you'd be unlucky if you had to. Don't forget the DMF is part reason why the diesel experience is so refined nowadays otherwise it'd be more tractor like anyhow best to attack that arch rust asap as it is a known problem that'll spread. Mud gets trapped between the inner arch cover and the inner skin and so acts as a moisture trap provider, not quite the easy fix if you're going to do it properly as the rust has worked through both skins, not to mention you have to remove the lifetime of trapped crud as well as treat it.

Last edited: