What's new

New performance mods review section.Only personal reviews please

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys and girls Iv added this new section to type Accord.
This section will be for performance modification reviews only to help other members to decide all the pros and cons in doing such mods.
Please post your threads hear on your personal experiences of your performance mods and keep the threads updated with full reviews on how the mod is performing over time.

So - just to be clear - this section is for unbiased reviews by customers, not sellers? Otherwise it'll simply turn into a 'for sale' thread by non-affiliated traders.

Yes Jon this is the aim for customers only and no sellers.
Any selling threads will be deleted this is for personal customer reviews on there modification to help other members.

Jon_G said:
Surely reviews submitted by sellers could be heavily biased?
That's very true Jon but if moderated well this kind if thing will noted.
I want this section to also contain things like performance filters/ K@N products / exhausts and any mod that claims to give better BHP.
I will write a reveiw myself shortly in my typhoon kit installed.

Il be sure to put my review on having my dpf removed and a remap at the weekend

The old tractor (pre-facelift CDTI wagon) sailed through another MOT test this morning.

The engine (currently at 117k miles, as is the turbo) has had a Premier Tuning supplied stage 2 map with EGR delete for over a year and 25k miles now, and has always been smooth and strong.

The surprising thing though? On the smoke test, my car only achieved 6% of the permissable value.

This is a great reflection of how clean a well maintained car will run on that map, and that the demands placed on the fuel system are well within the operating parameters of engine.

Couldn't be any further from some of the old nails you see out there rolling coal.