What's new

New (to me!) wheels!

mattster

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 Accord Tourer 2.0
Hey folks, just showing off my shiny new wheels.

Bought these off Goodluckmonkey late last year with the intention of spending the winter happy in the garage sanding/painting them all back to a decent standard ready for fitting in the Spring.

Sadly work and family life decided to ensure that I had no time to do this, so I packed them off to my local powder coaters last week. Got them back this morning and I'm delighted!!

Gunmetal grey. Getting tyres fitted on Saturday morning, then they'll be on the car...

They look similar to the 16" ones on my jalopy (only cleaner, and without tyres) though mine have a bulge in the middle of each spoke .

Were they original fitment to Mk 7 estates ?

Very nice indeed and great colour choice. What colour is your tourer?

C.H. as far as I know they were an option on the 7th Gen.
My car was an EX that was originally a BT company car. They were a gunmetal type colour.

Great to see them getting a second lease of life, they're a lovely wheel, but were just cluttering up my garage.

Jealous! I really need to get mine sorted too... what colour is the car? I have a satin silver Accord with 17" Pentas... i'm thinking to go original in colour, but might go for a deep red or maybe white. I'm undecided! What was the reason for going gun metal?

Must be psychic

Goodluckmonkey said:
C.H. as far as I know they were an option on the 7th Gen.
My car was an EX that was originally a BT company car. They were a gunmetal type colour.

Great to see them getting a second lease of life, they're a lovely wheel, but were just cluttering up my garage.

I did say 'similar', the ones imaged above are lovely. Mine are 'so-so' but at least the tyes fit (I bought two new, two part worns shortly after purchase).

I'll take a couple of shots before the weekend. I also have the 'H' inners btw :D

My response was to you asking

"We're they original fitment on mk7 estates?"

Saw the 16" version on an old civic type S a while back. Confused me initially, as I'd never seen pentas in 16's before.

Tyres/wheels fitted today. I'm very happy :)

Just a quick picture so far due to the weather. I'll try to get another next week once it's been to a local bodyshop to get the scuff on the rear door blended in.

[url=http://s107.photobucket.com/user/mattster1/media/penta4.jpg.html][/URL]

I decided on gunmetal after seeing the anthracite wheels in the flesh. GM just adds a slight silver touch which lightened and lifted them slightly. I think they look awesome.

The powdercoat guys even took my old set of wheels as part payment, so that saves me a hassle trying to punt them on afterwards as well...

.......I hate photobucket.

Aye, I fitted some very sticky tyres today!! Damn photobucket... I'll get the picture rotated correctly shortly.

The wheels have highlighted that I need to tart up my calipers now though....

Looks great.
We used to have a wagon that colour as a pool car at work 10 years ago, but that was on 16's. It was a sport with the half-leather interior. (Actually the reason i went for one as my daily)

Looks so much better with the pentas.