What's new

Newbie questions

hei731

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hello all,

Hope everyone doing well and enjoying their easter break. I am going to view a Honda Accord. I have few questions about it. This is the car, I have looked through the forum last night, but still got some questions about it, and would be grateful if someone to point me to the right direction.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512079274224/usedcars?logcode=visc

1. This one has full honda history, and doing a far amount of miles since this is a late 2011, is it going to be ok?
2. What to look for when you test driving the car?
3. About the DPF, what will be the first sign of it happen? will it happen eventually?
Is it illegal to removed the DPF? what is the difference it make? and will it affect the warrenty? How much will it cost?
4. Regarding the SATNAV, is there ONE DVD or TWO, do I need the DVD in order to load the maps all the time?
5. What else I need to look for?
6. and is the asking price looks reasonable?

Many thanks,
C

O god, seems it is sold, anyone could help me with the questions and I could use it for my searching please?

Many thanks

1. Mileage is mostly irrelevant, just look for signs of consistent service history. Honda history preferable but not essential. Look for evidence of the correct 0w30 oil having been used.

2. Check for the usual signs of clocking, accident damage etc and any unusual noises. Impossible to describe every possible issue but generally listen for knocking ball joints and tram lining in the steering to indicate worn suspension/tracking components. Otherwise ensure the clutch is good and there is no slipping and make sure power is good throughout the Rev range.

3. Yes under Feb 2014 vosa reg changes they are looking for evidence of exhaust system tampering. However if the job is done right, you'll have no issue at mot time. Definitely something to budget for, they all need it replacing or removing eventually. Drop me a line for pricing but budget £500 for a quality job.

4. One satnav DVD and it needs to be in all the time for the system to work. Avoid copy discs they ruin the laser eventually.

Check values to get an idea of what you should be paying.

OK , thanks.

hopefully a good one will come up, are they chain belt ?

I went to see one this morning.

are the tyres noisy? I think they are michelin tyres, are they good?

are they all with heated seats, and is it three stage heating settings?

I could see there is a switch in the armrest box, what is it for?

how to show the service on the display? and info for mpg, tyre pressure? what button should I push?

Thanks a lot.

anyone knows

how to show the service on the dash? and info for mpg, tyre pressure? what button should I push??

hei731 said:
OK , thanks.

hopefully a good one will come up, are they chain belt ?

I went to see one this morning.

are the tyres noisy? I think they are michelin tyres, are they good?

are they all with heated seats, and is it three stage heating settings?

how to show the service on the display? and info for mpg, tyre pressure? what button should I push?

Thanks a lot.
they are timing chain as far I am aware,
Certain tyres can be noisy check model on internet for decibel ratings.
Not all have heated seats, not sure about in armrest anyone ?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
they are timing chain as far I am aware,
Certain tyres can be noisy check model on internet for decibel ratings.
Not all have heated seats, not sure about in armrest anyone ?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapata I think he is talking door pad??

inside the armrest box, there are USB, AUX in the front, and there is a switch thing at the back .

like a circle switch, you could turn it clockwise and anti-clockwise, what would that be?

Thanks

hei731 said:
inside the armrest box, there are USB, AUX in the front, and there is a switch thing at the back .

like a circle switch, you could turn it clockwise and anti-clockwise, what would that be?

Thanks
The round thing is a vent to allow cool air in so as to keep your drinks fresh!! there is one in the glove box as well,

Going to collect my [SIZE=10pt]2011 Accord 2.2 Diesel on Sunday,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]very exciting, what final checks I need to do?[/SIZE]

make sure the satnav DVD is there? anything else?