What's new

No sound coming from rear speakers

gul55

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 ictdi
Ever since I've had my car last May, I've not had any sound from the rear speakers. I only just remembered this and I thought some of you guys could help me. I've tried the fader, and when I put it to the rear, there is no sound at all. Only the front speakers work, maybe the previous owner must have messed with the wires or something......

Gul if you have the Exec then it's possible the amp is blown.

Time to take the headunit out then.. I think Sport only has speakers in the rear shelf and not in the rear doors. Could be someone chopped the rear wires to install a high level converter for a sub or something.

Time to take the headunit out then.. I think Sport only has speakers in the rear shelf and not in the rear doors. Could be someone chopped the rear wires to install a high level converter for a sub or something.
How is this done? I dont want to damage any of the plastic surround.

Remove the ashtray and lighter surround, the gear gaitor surround and then unclip the front fascia above the lighter area (gently pull it towards you). You'll then see the screws that hold the headunit and climate unit in.

try putting a bassy track on and fade to the rear. I know the sport doesn't have rear door speakers but not sure if the parcel shelf ones handle full or low? Like Fahad said could check the connectors the speakers in the boot aswell