What's new

noise setting off

Kingy91

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 vtec 08
My car makes a noise when i set off. Not all the time but say 6/10. Its like a low pitched squeeling noise. Does anyone know anything about this? Do the 2.0 petrol engines have dmfs?

Im not sure really how to explain it. It happens in the middle of releasing the clutch though so im guessing its clutch/flywheel related. Only happens setting off never changing gear.

No DMF on petrol accords.
This might be a pully or belt making the noise

Kingy91 said:
Im not sure really how to explain it. It happens in the middle of releasing the clutch though so im guessing its clutch/flywheel related. Only happens setting off never changing gear.
Got you I have the same on mine it's the clutch release bearing running dry.
My car is on 55k and started doing this about 5 k ago but 7th accords have the same problem and go on with no problem at all

Ah right. Mines just turned to 57k miles. Anything you can do to grease/oil them? I know there in the bell housing so highly unlikely you can. Ive only had the car 2 weeks and have booked in for them to have a look. I just want the best idea possible so they dont try fob me off.

TBO it's not worth messing with IMO as the work involved to replace the bearing you might as well have a new clutch.
If the work is being done free of charge on warranty then go for it

I'll see where i get. I know a clutchisn't generally a warranty item but with me just getting the car I'll try my luck!

i hope i am not thread stealing and the op doesnt mind me saying this but could some one let me know if the cl9 2.4 exec accords also have the same issue i started having this issue at 95k :$ i am thinking of replacing the whole clutch

Kingy91 said:
I'll see where i get. I know a clutchisn't generally a warranty item but with me just getting the car I'll try my luck!
Was the car brought from a main dealer?
If so they should change the bearing free of charge and might put a new clutch in for good measure

Draga said:
i hope i am not thread stealing and the op doesnt mind me saying this but could some one let me know if the cl9 2.4 exec accords also have the same issue i started having this issue at 95k :$ i am thinking of replacing the whole clutch
I'm sure all the accords suffer this tbo

No it was bought from a local used car supermarket. They are normally very good and change anything to return tyethe car to perfect condition. If i say the release bearing is knackered they may do the clutch for me. Without a mechanic test driving it much its not exactly an easily noticeable problem. And no problem at all mate, you've asked a question relevant to the thread.

Kingy91 said:
No it was bought from a local used car supermarket. They are normally very good and change anything to return tyethe car to perfect condition. If i say the release bearing is knackered they may do the clutch for me. Without a mechanic test driving it much its not exactly an easily noticeable problem. And no problem at all mate, you've asked a question relevant to the thread.
Great if they do change it and good luck.
A way to test it is if you slighty ride the clutch on a quick gear change from 2nd to 3rd with lots of revs.This is when mine does it.

Ive just beenround to a mates who is an experienced mechanic. Hes ruled out clutch slip. Its just something like rust on the flywheel. When he drove it his way it didn't do it but because ive come from diesel's and think you need to rev petrols it does make that noise.

You won't get clutch slip with a dry bearing only the very faint sweak

Sounds like clutch release bearing has gone dry. Very common on accords

I get a noise setting of as well although mine sound like someone blowing down a pipe, quite a deep noise.
I would not call it a squeak.

If this the same problem ?

Same here, sounds something like clutch bearing to me too, only when takeing of just before the clutch fully bites...
What to do ? Can i leave it or does it need a fix ?
Mine is CU1 facelift ,2012 .

My Clutch Release Bearing has intermittently squealed like this for about 100,000 miles... I think typically, it isn't really anything major to worry about, especially if it's not impacting on the clutch's overall performance. It's a small inexpensive part, but a massive job as you have to remove the clutch. See how it is for a while and just make sure when you finally replace your clutch, you do the release bearing also.

Hi kingy91

The clutch pedal ***embley/master cylinder link can become dry and this can cause a faint squeeling noise as the clutch pedal is released. There is thread somewhere on this forum detailing this on the 8th Gen. Accords.

Might be worth checking out before expensive clutch repairs.

Cheers, Pete.