What's new

NOT the ultimate drive

zed786

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
Hi guys

Just thought i'd give some feedback on the last 3 cars i have gone to see in the last week

HONDA ACCORD TYPE S 2003-- already mentioned in my previous post needed some work doing, my main concern was that the clutch was quite heavy

HONDA ACCORD 2.4 EXEC- This is still listed on ebay and the seller wanted £3500 which i thought was cheap considering a 04 plate and 48000 on the clock. I went down with my local mechanic and the body work needed quite a bit of touch up, all the alloys needed a refurb, the car was an import, and worst of all the bonnet and bumper was replaced and alligning was not brilliant. I offered him £2800 and in a polite way he said he F off

HONDA ACCORD TYPE S- Went back home after seeing the one above and then made a trip towards Nottingham as i was prepared to buy this one, only to realise the clutch making noises when putting your foot down. making a click click noise, this put me off straight away. Lifted up the bonnet and the sound was coming near the engine, although the seller kept refusing there was a clutch problem. I told him I wasnt happy and left.

So unfortunately I still dont have a car, and in some ways a little put off with a accord.

No idea what i am going to do, may check out some 2.2 cdti and have it remapped is a possibility, any advice wll be greatly appreciated

Stop looking at cheap cars bro, increase your budget and buy a decent one.

Well the one in nottingham was an 05plate 64k £4250, it looked really nice besides the clutch on it way out

i know theres a 03 plate 61k for around £4500 but i wanted something around 04/05 plate

tbh theres not many around on the autotrader and ebay

You'll get that with any type of car and decent older cars are becoming increasingly harder to find. There's an '03 on eBay that I looked at that had so many SMART repairs it had more paint than Blackpool tower (ironic, the car is in Blackpool), the rear sensors were a mess, the exhaust was blowing and worst of all the cill under the rear passenger door had gone and someone had tried to do a repair job - or cover up. Still up for sales if you fancy it....

Didn't realise at the time how lucky I was with mine.

'04' plate 2.4 with 58K on it and I paid £4k. :D

Andy you were lucky!!

Sometimes I think you need to play the waiting game, but to be honest I cant wait as I need a car asap!!

looks like il have the same problem then as im looking for one

but an estate

HONDA ACCORD TYPE S- Went back home after seeing the one above and then made a trip towards Nottingham as i was prepared to buy this one, only to realise the clutch making noises when putting your foot down. making a click click noise, this put me off straight away. Lifted up the bonnet and the sound was coming near the engine, although the seller kept refusing there was a clutch problem. I told him I wasnt happy and left.

accord clutches creak away but its an easy enough fix.
mine intermittantly clicks while pressing down and releasing the clutch,
but its been like that for ages.
i agree with fahad mate, your looking at the very bottom end of this marque.
if you increased you budget, even to 5k you'd be looking at motors that would be much better

Yeah it took me ages to find mine (05 ctdi tourer EX with 85k for £5.5k) Its a great!!

I honestly believe good ones can be rare as rocking horse doo doo because once people get one they hold onto them for a long time

If you push the budget up to above £5k you will definately find better examples