What's new

OBD2 Recommend ?

David1701

Members
Reaction score
Car
‘06 Civic 2.2 iCDti
thinking of getting a OBD2 interface and software, iOS, for my '04 Accord iCdTi,
can anyone recommend anything that works well on a diesel Accord pls ?

Anything will be fine David they're all pretty much compatible these days. But remember it will only allow you to read engine codes.

Hi Fahad, engine codes will be just fine, didn't realise till the other day you could get something so easily n cheap enough to use, a mate of mine at work has something similar for his '04 Golf, had the same engine probs as me in the past, even took a photo of his clogged inlet manifold when he took it off to clean it, what surprised me about my '04 Accord iCDti Exec, it doesn't have a multi function display, showing stuff like fuel consumption etc, I remember my dad having a '99 Corrolla GL that had one, hope the software i use with the adapter shows more stuff.

Just for reading engine codes, view something (like coolant temp, lambda, mpg consumption, AFR etc) buy Elm327 + Torque Pro

For more, like upgrading ecu or new key (immo) - access from Honda level - Honda Him Hds

Tried searching on the iOS app store fore Torque pro, came up with, EOBD Facile - OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool, the one below it, DashCommand looks ok for what i need, mpg, power, torque etc,
The Honda stuff looks tempting if i had more time

hi,
i've bought an Mini ELM327 OBD2 V2.1 Car Bluetooth Scanner and doesn't connect to the ECU car; paid £4.23 it does says that it does knows about the honda obd accord protocol 3. ISO9141-2(5 baud init,10.4Kbaud) but with "Torque" (Android Only) cant connect to ecu; also tried another 2 apps and same result.

Works on all OBD2 Vehicles ( from 1996 in USA) and EOBD vehicles ( Petrol cars from 2001 and diesel cars from 2003/2004 in Europe).
Multi-Protocol Support:
1. SAE J1850 PWM(41.6Kbaud)
2. SAE J1850 VPW(10.4Kbaud)
3. ISO9141-2(5 baud init,10.4Kbaud)
4. ISO14230-4 KWP(5 baud init,10.4 Kbaud)
5. ISO14230-4 KWP(fast init,10.4 Kbaud)
6. ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,500 Kbaud)
7. ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,500 Kbaud)
8. ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,250 Kbaud)
9. ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,250 Kbaud)
A. SAE J1939 CAN(29bit ID,250*Kbaud)
B. USER1 CAN(11*bit ID,125*Kbaud)
C. USER2 CAN(11*bit ID,50*kbaud)

which other from ebay you bought and worked ?

Hi Cris,
My obd2 scanner is -

a ieGeek® WiFi Wireless OBD-II Mini ELM327 OBD2 Auto Car Diagnostic Scanner Tool Adapter Reader Scan Code Tester for iPhone4S/5 iPad4 iPod mini IOS PC Windows, Android Device

From Amazon, I'm using DashCommand from the iOS App Store at the mo, to monitor fuel consumption, I've no fault codes, I've double checked with another app, I'm looking for an indication of how far i can go on my remaining fuel, I'm averaging about 34mpg doing mainly town driving at the moment,

Are you sure your connected by Bluetooth, have you gone into settings to double check, do it with engine running, I'd try it connected, on a journey to give the app time to read everything from the car as well, my app can take 30 seconds to settle down the data recived, if you still have no success, can you get a refund on the scanner and try another model, mine cam recommended by a few people on Amazon,
Keep this updated

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yeah I tried different combinations and its a fake.
If anyone tried on Android something cheap flights Bluetooth and it did work to give a link from where they bought it

Can post the link on eBay where you got it from, I'd recommend choosing one on Amazon that's been recommended by a few people.

taryfa said:
Just for reading engine codes, view something (like coolant temp, lambda, mpg consumption, AFR etc) buy Elm327 + Torque Pro

For more, like upgrading ecu or new key (immo) - access from Honda level - Honda Him Hds
Second for Torque Pro and a Elm327, works a treat for quickly reading various bits of info.

I use a cheap eBay elm327 Bluetooth adaptor with dash command and torque pro on an Android phone with no issues. 2005 Ctdi accord