What's new

Occasional Lumpy running with usual hesitation

Pacman8184

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 cdti sport GT
Hey guys. I've had a bit hesitation etc in my accord since I bought it. I know this is a common thing so I got my mate at honda to run a full diagnostic health check on it and came back with a clean bill of health. EGR test etc all came back fine. So could it still be to do with a blocked EGR pipe or intake mani. Although it looks clean. Or am I just better off getting a remap with EGR delete off fahad to sort the problem? Cheers guys.

There are several things that might cause hesitation... I'm disappointed that your mate at Honda using diagnostic equipment couldn't find out exactly what the problem was, but if your EGR has been tested and is OK, then an EGR delete remap won't help at all.

How long have you owned it and what's the service history like? When was the fuel filter last changed and is it the correct part (Bosch for pre-facelift and Denso for facelift)?

I've had it 4weeks and changed the fuel filter straight away for a genuine honda one. It's a facelift too. Had both major services done at Honda an the other 3 done at an I dependant garage.

I've found on a few occasions now that some Hondas pass the egr test even though the egr has a slight fault.

It's more likely your imrc in my opinion and customers have reported that switching both off have resolved the hesitation.

You won't know until you try.

Whatever it is, is probably not serious though so I wouldn't worry about a big underlying problem right now.

Have a read of the feedback in the premier tuning subforum, one of the first members I recall who went for the egr off reported the same symptoms as you and the egr off cured it.I've had many similar instances reported back since, especially on the vac operated facelift cars.

You beat me to it lol, IMRC. It's not the solenoid itself but probably gunked up swirl flaps.

Haha. Swirl flaps are clear had a look inside it when I removed the intercooler pipe off the end to inspect it. But I presume it is the IMRC related etc. I've read all the posts on the premier tuning link so I'm pretty sure it will cute it getting your map on it. Cheers

That's actually not a bad idea - works wonders on these engines. Stick some BG244 in it and run it on V Power regularly.