What's new

Oh good, vsa light coming on.

spud350

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2.4 Type-S
My VSA light comes on intermittently when braking. I suppose I have no choice but to pay Honda a huge amount for them to spend 5 mins with their diagnostic kit and to tell me what's up. However, the question is how long is the fault code stored? In the past after a certain amount of starts cars lose the info. As I won't get to the garage straight away does anyone know how long Accords hold the data or do they hold it forever now?
Cheers Spud.

EDIT: Could the mods please put this in fault section. Thx.

My VSA light comes on intermittently when braking. I suppose I have no choice but to pay Honda a huge amount for them to spend 5 mins with their diagnostic kit and to tell me what's up. However, the question is how long is the fault code stored? In the past after a certain amount of starts cars lose the info. As I won't get to the garage straight away does anyone know how long Accords hold the data or do they hold it forever now?
Cheers Spud.

EDIT: Could the mods please put this in fault section. Thx.
Im sure the code will still be there but dont worry the petrol cars dont suffer the dreaded 66.1 code.This might be just a ABS sensor playing up.

Topic moved

it will just a a faulty sensor. nothing major hopefully.
take the car to a good independent mechanic who will have diagnostics and tell you what the fault is for free.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8361-honda-diagnostics-and-calibrations/

Ok, good news about the module thingy. Was sort of dreading that. F6had I've seen your add but at 60 miles away petrol costs become a bit of an issue. I'll think it over, cheers fellas.

Annoyingly it only started coming on literally driving down the road after a service and it's done it ever since. Of coarse I can't prove that to the garage. I also can't prove the tie rod which had some "play in it" was actually broken by them. This was what greeted me when I took my wheels off to get refurbed the same day.

link.jpg

been there ^^

easy fix and car will feel nicer when done. Just use a pattern part for that link

Ok, good news about the module thingy. Was sort of dreading that. F6had I've seen your add but at 60 miles away petrol costs become a bit of an issue. I'll think it over, cheers fellas.

Annoyingly it only started coming on literally driving down the road after a service and it's done it ever since. Of coarse I can't prove that to the garage. I also can't prove the tie rod which had some "play in it" was actually broken by them. This was what greeted me when I took my wheels off to get refurbed the same day.

link.jpg

Stupidly enough my Type S broke one ofn those links just before its last MOT - hence both front ones replaced! I now have some play in my tie rod / track rod ends and the VSA is now playing up...sounds very familiar. I'm going to get this fixed v.shortly and hope this will get rid of the VSA niggle....