What's new

oil leak help,new member

tomasz

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord coupe
Hi guys,I'm new hire,just purchased Accord coupe V6 3.0 auto,I love the car,really enjoy,but after week car got oil leak I lost about how oil from engine after 130 miles work and back driving A 303 average speed... I do check oil when getting new cars as u never now,and now have trouble,seems to be alots oil under left side(cambelt area) oil sump I clean and dray looks like my be oil pump gasket? Tomorrow will juck up car and check proply....MY QUESTION IS U GUYS NOW GOOD GARRAGE WHERE I CAN LIVE CAR AND TRUSTED IM FROM YEOVIL SOMERSET,IF U CAN HELP PLEASE,I WILL UPGRADE TOMORROW.

I think a few orings can leak there.

Oil pump, crank shaft and cam shaft seals can go on the 4 cylinder engines, I guess the V6 will have similar issues.

Sorry can't recommend a garage, a bit far away from me B)

Andy is right check the sump gasket ;) also there is a oil filter housing gasket that fails and it will get worse if left the is screen that gets clogged up and it will leak in the cam belt pulley area next the oil filter ^_^

DSC03660_zps9ddb3ebb.jpg

one I’ve fixed earlier :)

Hi guys,just update on my oil problem,very very lucky!! as I found oil Filter not tight inof Olso looks smoler?Can u belive!! bottom off filter have hole from rust so no service for long time scary!!! but just tomorrow will swop on Bosch filter,and full synthetic oil 5w30, I mean to change front discs and pads as wobble a bit,but had problem with Pistons compesing so got clap after non so tomorrow morning hoply all will be done,I'm not sure about oil as car have 105ooo miles very tight doo IF U CAN LET ME NOW ABOUT OIL CHOICE,AND GEARBOX OIL AS WELL WILL SERVICE BOX, help mach a appreciate....thank u all for fast replays and kind help...

I'm not sure what the original OEM recommendations for this car was, but generally on older and higher mile engine its good to use thicker oil. For gearbox oil fo with OEM Honda oil or Amsoil, dont use anything else, best to stick with Honda one.