What's new

Oil leak

Simon2354

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Has anyone with either a 2L or 2.4L petrol tourer had problems with oil leaking from the engine around the sump area? I only ask ask my pride n joy has just had a sizeable service at my local agent and it was reported to me that there had been a buildup of leaking oil around the sump tray area. Possible area of investigation is the seal between engine & gearbox (this means a potentially big bill ;-(( however garage is going to monitor 4me). I am hoping that the previous independent garage who serviced my car last may not have been so clean!!!!

Any experiences of this problem anyone?

Simon

Not had this myself Simon but is the oil leak engine oil or transmission oil
Odds on mate its just a spillage of oil from a service.

My 2.4 is now 9 years old and the engine bay has never been cleaned :blush: . It's dusty, but that's it. Not a glimpse of any oil or any fluids at all.

Before stripping a sump and gasket I'd want to be 100% sure it was leaking. Is there any oil patches on your driveway or path where you park? Does it loose oil (my 2.4 burns oil at a rate of about 1 litre per 12000 miles - Steve doesn't use VTEC that much :) )

FWIW I'd a stupid moment at my last service and dropped the funnel for filling the oil and lost about half a litre into the engine bay. I cleaned as much as I could but now some 9k miles later the underside looks as if it could have a leak. But it doesn't ...