What's new

Oil Service '07 icdti 2.2

adrianb

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord iCDTI
Hello guys, I purchased my lovely Honda Accord, almost 3 months ago and I want start to make a full service of oil and filters, i will make myself in garage :)

I start watched this forum few weeks ago, and I see the oil 0w30 from Exol Lubetechshop is recommended, and I think I will buy it! The price is unbeatable for 20 litre. For the moment the site is down, but I can order from ebay from the same user.
I'm looking for an advice guys, someone can tell me from where can I find 'best buy' of service kit : oil / air / pollen/ fuel filters??

And last night i stay on ebay few minutes to find something similar like this:
BriMXjN.jpg

And where can find to replace the glass from front fog lights? One is broken, is necessary to replace both?
Thank you

Get your genuine Honda parts from Holdcroft Honda in Stoke. Just call them and speak to parts and tell them Fahad sent you.

I was trying to do same here on my 06 accord. But now I'm thinking to do that whilst on holiday much cheaper. Also any one knows where can I buy tires but not to expensive?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I got my filters from here
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/?gclid=CNmxtbu4srsCFdLItAodcQUAbA

and my oil from lubetec, change oil at 6,000, and filter at 12,000, never had a problem 200,000 Then changed to mk 8 auto diesel that will get the same schedule. In my humble opinion the "book" schedule is far too generous at 12,000, maybe a "buy me" to fleet buyers.

If getting fuel filter make sure it is Bosch!

The OEM Honda oil filters are made by Mahle/Knecht.
I buy them from Mister Auto as well, working out at €7 per filter, they are so easy and fast to change that I change them every oil change. 6k oil changes are a good idea I feel, no engine likes old oil and its not a huge amount of money if you factor in the saving when you don't have to pay a garage for labour.
Buy a 20l drum and it will do 3 changes, I bought Mobil Super 3000 C3 5w-30 last time as the Lubetech stuff is crazy money to post to Ireland.

Best place for service kits are as farad says HH holdcroft honda or coxmotorparts in my opinion (they have a very good website which makes it easy and hassle free - all genuine parts)
http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-accord-2003-2008-accord-c-14_35.html

with the honda diesels, air filters and fuel filters - imperative you get genuine items - known issues tend to arise with third part makes.

Lubetech also sells the tap for the oil drum - seems there site is down
But his ebay account has them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAP-FOR-25-LITRE-DRUM-FOR-EASY-DISPENSING-SPLASH-FREE-/350401105986?hash=item5195889042:m:mh3s9ou1xoY_ZX0LDlW3AqA

I did a little review on honda karma of the oil. Its definately good stuff and saves you a ton of money
http://hondakarma.com/threads/first-purchase-of-optima-lsh-0w-30-low-saps-acea-c-2-lubetech-engine-oil.22196/live

Hope it helps

Cox motor parts website. Not sure if it is the cheapest place but quick and 100% genuine. If you will find cheaper then propably only 2-3 pounds difference or something

edgeoftime said:
I got my filters from here
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/?gclid=CNmxtbu4srsCFdLItAodcQUAbA

and my oil from lubetec, change oil at 6,000, and filter at 12,000, never had a problem 200,000 Then changed to mk 8 auto diesel that will get the same schedule. In my humble opinion the "book" schedule is far too generous at 12,000, maybe a "buy me" to fleet buyers.

If getting fuel filter make sure it is Bosch!
Thanks John, just checked that site out, it's excellent.

It is facelifted so denso not bosch i think. Anyway buy genuine filter... always

Be carefully when buying fuel filters from other sites as there is 2 different sizes of the bosch pre face lift filter. I was going to buy it from mister auto but didn't risk it in the end and got it from hh.

I know they're genuine filters but I don't see the point in paying the extra for them. Not when you can get aftermarket filters made by the likes of Fram or Mann or Blueprint that are just as good as the Honda but much cheaper. Fram filters are very good in my experience. I don't see the need to pay extra for Honda genuine.
Mind you some of those Honda fluids look a very good price to be fair.

^ they're talking fuel filters on the diesel cars, only genuine OEM for those, anything else causes problems with the engine running

It's ok, you just can't tell some people.. They always know better.

Really? That's very interesting seen as a good quality aftermarket one would have been tested for that vehicle and should work perfectly fine. Plus the Honda filters won't be made by Honda, they'll be made for them by someone else under license and then labled and boxed as Honda. But then again I've never owned a diesel Honda so you'll all know better than me from personal experience. Seems strange though.

Given there are literally hundreds of posts and threads where people have had their various problems solved once switching to a genuine dealer fuel filter.. I have to beg to differ on this one.

We can only advise, and we do it based on the collective knowledge and experience of cars we've worked on and feedback from members. If someone chooses to ignore because they know better.. Then that's absolutely fine.

Alans27 said:
Really? That's very interesting seen as a good quality aftermarket one would have been tested for that vehicle and should work perfectly fine. Plus the Honda filters won't be made by Honda, they'll be made for them by someone else under license and then labled and boxed as Honda. But then again I've never owned a diesel Honda so you'll all know better than me from personal experience. Seems strange though.

the OEM fuel filters for the diesel are made by Bosch (7th gen) and Denso (8th gen), but the generic terminology is "OEM"

hence you will see, where diesel fuel filters are being discussed, OEM, or Bosch, or Denso being inter-mixed in the discussions

Not at all saying I know better matey, just debating the subject. Anyway I think I'd better shut up lol.

The Diesel fuel filter is a Denso item, made by Denso, labelled as Denso and sold in a Honda box.
Oil Filter is made by Mahle/Knecht in Austria and sold in a Honda box with made in Austria on the box.
Air filter is made by Toyo Roki in Japan.

I've only ever used Genuine Fuel and Air Filters, given how fussy these engines are with filtration the small bit of extra money saved isn't worth the hassle.
The Oil filters aren't Genuine Honda but they are exactly the same filter.
Some engines can be run on spurious stuff but not these ones..

I will just addthat i was thinking exactly same way... "Im not buying cheap filters so whats the problem if those are not genuine. Still good brand so it will be alright" and now.... im running on OEM :) your choice mate

Have to +1 for Honda(Bosch) fuel filter on a 05 at least. Bought my 05 2.2 that had been serviced by the garage(including fuel filter) before me buying. Very quickly had a issue whenever I floored it (like a fuel cut, heavy hesitation ). Changed the fuel filter for a genuine honda one and instantly sorted, never had problem since.
I'd always been of the same opinion that as long as I was getting a good brand then it doesn't need to be manufacturers genuine parts but definitly not the case on this

Bounder said:
The Diesel fuel filter is a Denso item, made by Denso, labelled as Denso and sold in a Honda box.
Oil Filter is made by Mahle/Knecht in Austria and sold in a Honda box with made in Austria on the box.
Air filter is made by Toyo Roki in Japan.

I've only ever used Genuine Fuel and Air Filters, given how fussy these engines are with filtration the small bit of extra money saved isn't worth the hassle.
The Oil filters aren't Genuine Honda but they are exactly the same filter.
Some engines can be run on spurious stuff but not these ones..
what about the below what brand are they OEM?

Cabin filter
front disks - Bosch?
Front Pads - Bosch?

OEM pads are ATE on the Tourer front, the rears are Nissin IIRC
I fitted Bosch rear pads and find them very dusty, I had to clean the hell out of the rear wheels last time I washed the car.

Hi

I've been reading through numerous posts on this forum regarding the Exol oil and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the 7th generation.

I have a 2006 7th Gen model, that's just covered 184000 miles (I believe it does not have a DPF). I was told that the oil specified in the manual is based on the vehicle when it was new, so running 0W 30 may be a bit thin for a higher mileage car. Is this why certain retailers advise to go for 5w 30? Is it a myth that a high mileage car needs thicker oil at start up?

I spoke to Opie who recommend 5w 30
I spoke to Lubetech they mentioned the 0w 30
​I've read F6HAD's review from a few years back and felt best to switch over to Exol but then upon reading many more I am now a little uncertain that my vehicles mileage would indicate going for a thicker oil.

I am curious on oil as my other vehicle (Mercedes Vito) was a nightmare for finding oil. 6 dealerships and 5 different grades recommended.

So do I get a 20 litre drum of 5w 30 from GSF for £40 or do I pay double for the Exol? on a higher mileage vehicle.

Please help

Hi

I've been reading through numerous posts on this forum regarding the Exol oil and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the 7th generation.

I have a 2006 7th Gen model, that's just covered 184000 miles (I believe it does not have a DPF). I was told that the oil specified in the manual is based on the vehicle when it was new, so running 0W 30 may be a bit thin for a higher mileage car. Is this why certain retailers advise to go for 5w 30? Is it a myth that a high mileage car needs thicker oil at start up?

I spoke to Opie who recommend 5w 30
I spoke to Lubetech they mentioned the 0w 30
​I've read F6HAD's review from a few years back and felt best to switch over to Exol but then upon reading many more I am now a little uncertain that my vehicles mileage would indicate going for a thicker oil.

I am curious on oil as my other vehicle (Mercedes Vito) was a nightmare for finding oil. 6 dealerships and 5 different grades recommended.

So do I get a 20 litre drum of 5w 30 from GSF for £40 or do I pay double for the Exol? on a higher mileage vehicle.

Please help
I have seen many discussions and threads on the correct oil for the ictdi engine, the correct grade for the ictdi engine is 0w-30.

Many dealers and garages will offer the 5w-30 as it is usually half the cost and so will save money.

When the engine is cold, it relies on the w rating viscosity. having the 0w rating is liquid like which helps get the oil around the engine quickly in cold conditions. With the 5w rating the oil is slightly thicker so the oil will take longer to get around the engine when it is cold.

The 5w 30 will of course still be ok for the engine but as you mention your engine is higher milage so could perhaps benefit.

The 30 rating is the viscosity when the oil reaches the correct operating temperature, this case they are both the same.

Despite the high mileage on your Accord I would still be inclined to stick with the 0w 30 oil

Lots of discussions on this thread too
http://hondakarma.com/threads/which-oil-should-i-use.91/live

I thought the advice on using 0 30 rather than 5 30 was to preserve the life of the oil chain which is known to stretch and cause serious problems. Correct me if I'm wrong. I've used exol 0w30 for the last 3 years and service at every 6000 miles I don't really keep tabs on fuel consumption but a few people have said it's better with 5w30 so it's up to you which is more important.

I got a genuine fuel filter from Holdcroft with the discount code / secret password from this site. Great service from them, definitely recommend them.

My man in the garage said it was a bit fiddly to fit, mind. :)