What's new

One more - cost for a clutch replacement + bearing (ballpark)?

Werewofl1976

Reaction score
Car
Had 2009 2.4i Exec
Should've mentioned that the clutch is slipping on the test drive - how much should I estimate here (dealer/non-dealer)?

Thanks!

Cost me about a grand all in. Dual mass flywheel, clutch, bearing and bolts about £450 and then £550 for a whole day's labour at local garage (more than I could tackle myself, that one...) They reckoned after they should have charged for a day and a half as they had to take out pretty much everything except the engine.... This on a 58 plate 2.2 i-dtec.

Out of interest, is that a price for an auto or manual? I have an auto. No problems currently but it is a 59 plate auto idtec with 220k on the clock.

Cost me about a grand all in. Dual mass flywheel, clutch, bearing and bolts about £450 and then £550 for a whole day's labour at local garage (more than I could tackle myself, that one...) They reckoned after they should have charged for a day and a half as they had to take out pretty much everything except the engine.... This on a 58 plate 2.2 i-dtec.

my mechanic charges £200 labour on these. Can’t see how any garage can justify £550 just for labour!