What's new

Ouch! Best Way Forward?

pauljdh

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-dtec auto tourer
Well I've damaged my little beauty...(2007 Tourer CDTI)....bumper scuff and wing damage (o/S).

My options are:

1. Live with it
2. Insurance job with £250 excess
3. Pay out my own pocket and don't compromise my 9 years (protected) NCB. Ive got to stump up £250 excess anyway

Ive recorded it with my insurers just in case I want to claim, and within minutes a "We repair your car.com" outfit rang to try and get my business.

From the picky do you think they'll replace the wing? I think the bumper can be repainted. Should the front of the car be repainted as its a 2007 car so matching etc may be a problem?

If I do go down the insurance route I'll want everything replaced no quibble, if Im going to affect my insurance may as well insist on nothing skimped

Anyone know of a good body shop around Derby(shire)?

Thanks, off to kick the dog!

Paul
20140210_165123_zps67923159.jpg

If you fancy bringing it up to Bradford, I can have it repaired at a very reasonable rate. Get some more pics and email them to me and I'll get you a price.

will do thats great...could it be done in a day you reckon? Reckon you're about 75 miles away...not too far

No mate more of a weekend job really if it needs parts. Best drop it on a Friday night and have it back for Sunday afternoon

Well if it's any consolation, the same happened my old BMW... the pillar jumped out of nowhere! :unsure:

Anyhow, it cost me €320 to get fixed and took a full day for re-shaping and re-clipping of the bumper. I'd broken two clips on the bumper but nothing a tie wrap (concealed) didn't fix.

I have a good body shop in Loughborough... did my Saab for good rates when I needed a bit of paint... Let me know if you want their details...

Thanks Chaps for your help so far, attached is a few more detailed pics, hopefully Fahad there enough to give an idea of cost? Two trips to your place car / train / train car would be about £80 so I need to factor that in as part of the cost....I could of course combine a remap for economy? Be interested in that if thats do-able.....cheers
20140212_160556_zps8cyi6h4k.jpg
20140212_160539_zpssp4ka13t.jpg
20140212_160530_zpsfti7sy1e.jpg

Paul leave it with me mate I'll have a chat with the lads tonight.

Drop me an SMS so I have your number and I'll revert directly back to you.

Fahad
07732 811051

Text you back mate.